Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: NAPTIMECARDS are fabulous!

As an alternative to labels and/or hand writing, I print all of my envelopes right in the printer..I'd be glad to send you the template I created (in Word). I think the envelopes look much more professional than a label...and you can use a much larger/clearer font as well....feel free to email me at [email protected]

Laura
    Due: Feb 26th, 2003

etwahl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Oh yeah!!! I forgot about that. Actually, I've done that before, just totally forgot about it. Great idea. Thanks for the reminder :)

Tammy,
    Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

MyFirstBaby Guest

Tammy,
    We also have a digital camera and used naptime cards. I took the picture myself (a real close up) and ordered my prints online (I use Sony's imagestation.com). I chose the Announcement that had the velum overlay and you insert your own picture. I used double-sided scotch tape to affix it. In fact, I didn't even make my picture black and white, but kept it color. Since it was so close up, the vellum overlay mutes the color so much that you couldn't tell if it was black and white or not. I got SO MANY compliments on these announcements! A lot is credited to the naptime cards themselves because they are truly classy; but also maybe due to the picture I took. You can see the picture at:
    http://www.geocities.com/rhondareev/...uncement3.html
    It's the large close-up picture in the center of this web page that I used.
    Good luck with your choice!

Rhonda, that is so cool! I also want to have our picture be of the baby sleeping, and I didn't even think about having it be such a close up. Great idea. I'd love to see the actual announcement. Is there a way you could take a digital picture of it and put it on your web site? It sounds like it turned out great. I also like the idea of the vellum, but I wasn't sure if it would fall out or not. They have a new Jack & Jill Design that I was looking at, where the vellum is inserted and looks really cute.

That also reminds me to start working our our web site now! I'm sure we won't have much time later, other than to just insert pictures. Very inspiring. Thank you!!!

Tammy,
    Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

MyFirstBaby Guest

Tammy,

I will upload the picture to it's own location: here is the address geocities.com/rhondareev/DSC00017.JPG

The way the vellum works is that the ribbon goes through the card and vellum and tied. The picture was affixed to the card with double-sided Scotch tape, but you'll see in the picture.

And yes, word of advice: If you're going to do a website, start NOW and get as much done as possible. That's what I did! Now that he's here I don't find it too intrusive to upload the pictures. I've even added more pages (like his weight and height), and other things... My family is 4 hours away, so it keeps us all in touch with one another.

Let me know if you have trouble with the picture :)

Thank you. That's really cool. I totally understand what you're saying now. I'm definitely going to start the web site early 2003. Actually, I used to be a web designer, so maybe I'll even get creative, but you're right, finding time after the baby would be next to impossible! Our family is spread across Canada and the US so a Web site is important to keep everyone up to date.

Tammy,
    Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

I agree that Naptime Productions is great. We received a lot of compliments on my son's announcement. We chose the original feature design with blue parchment. The picture is printed on vellum in black and white. The vellum is tied to the parchment with a ribbon of your choice.

We took the photo ourselves with a digital camera when our son was around 3 weeks old. According to the Naptime Productions website, 640x480 pixel digital photos often work for Cameo or Expressions designs, but are too low resolution for other designs; 1280x960 pixels normally works well for any design if the subject is taken fairly close up; and 2048x1536 pixels works wonderfully. I submitted our order for the announcements on-line and then e-mailed several color photos with a resolution of 2048x1536 pixels. I wanted input from Naptime Productions about which photo would work best with the original feature design.

I was contacted by Naptime Productions to discuss the submitted photos. The person with whom I spoke was very nice and helpful. She explained how the photos would be cropped and how much of my son's body would fit on the card. Then I decided which photo to use.

The turn-around time was good and the finished product was wonderful. I chose to assemble the announcements myself. It wasn't difficult, but it was time consuming, especially while caring for a newborn. I would give self-assembly a second thought if I had it to do over again. Overall, I was very pleased with the quality of the product and with the customer service provided by Naptime Productions.
    Mommy to Justin (13 years) & Ashlyn (8 years)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2