Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    mama2be Guest

Default Major Compliment::www.tinylove.com

We bought the Symphony in Motion mobile (the animal one/muppet looking). The mechanism that makes it turn was loud, I don't know if I would have noticed this on my own but folks on the board emtnioned it before so I knew to expect it. Folks also mentioned that when they called the company they did get a replacement.

I assumed maybe the kink was out of it but when we set it up it appeared loud, I called the company Friday and worried becasue I had to leave a messege and feared it would get ignored. Well Monday (3 days later) the part arrives in the mail!!!! there is a difference in the sound of the new part vs the one I bought.

Thanks Tiny Love, Love the Mobile...
    Their number is 1-888-Tiny-Love

jojo2324 Guest

Default RE: Major Compliment::www.tinylove.com

I had a similar problem and Tiny Love was very speedy in helping to fix it. However, my new part, once attached, wouldn't move. So I called and explained the situation and asked for a new one. She started to sound a little disgruntled, which I can understand. She also asked for the number on the tag, which I had already cut off so I couldn't give it to her. Anyway, she sent me a new one. We had already attached the old one out of desperation so I haven't tried that one yet, maybe today.

Just an FYI: Make sure you dial 888 and not 800 because you will be unpleasantly surprised like I was...Well, it was a little funny too. Just think of what other industry could use the phrase "tiny love" and you'll get the idea :)

bnme is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I just set up my Symphony in Motion the other day, and although it didn't seem loud (I am going to double check when I get home though!!)I was wondering if there was any way to just play the music without the mobile turning?? Mostly becuase as it turns, some of the attachments that spiral up and down make a clinking noise. Thats fine if you are using it to entertain baby, but I was thinking if you were just using to help lull baby to sleep that could be annoying.

Did anyone else notice this or am I crazy???

Also, what is the replacement part they send?

Thanks!
    Donna

Mom to JT 1/03 and TJ 8/04

mama2be Guest

I absolutely noticed it too...

This mobile is so not my "decor" but seemed real cute and I liked that it played classical music. I love it...but with that noise and the ball noise I have questioned my decision. I have not looked yet to see if those "things" can be removed....

But yes I too noticed the sound...

I need to wait till baby is here to se if it is an actual stimulation thing or a get on my nerve thing...

I do wonder at times why I bought this becaseu i will be purchasing the mozart CDs so I really didn't need such a mobile...

jojo2324 Guest

I've wondered the same thing! Sometimes I just want the music because I feel like the animals are keeping him awake. I tried pushing all of the buttons, but I don't think that there's a way.

suzska Guest

I don't know about the Tiny Love one, but we have a Sassy mobile that I really loved. It plays a Mozart tune, a "baby" medley of three songs, or just white noise. The arm that the things hang from can actually be removed--it's designed so that you can use it as a music box after the child is standing up, either attached to the crib or sitting on a dresser-top. The toys that are attached to the "arm" can also be removed and used as rattles. They also have two sides, one with simpler designs for smaller babies, then switch them around to more complex designs for older babies. The motor may have been a little noisy, but that never seemed to bother Evan.

bnme is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

oooh..I think that will work for the tiny love one, too!. The arm just clicked in so it could be removed and set aside realatively easy if you wanted. I just wish the music would play W/O having to do that. Better then nothing.

I just loved to mobile, too. It is so adorable and the colors match my DSs room (all decorated in primary colors --we have the Truck Stop bedding but I didn't want to be too into a theme, so this mobile was perfect). And seems mor einteesting to look at -for me at least!
    :)

BTW, I noticed the motor noise and plan on calling for my replacement part later today!
    Donna

Mom to JT 1/03 and TJ 8/04

mama2be Guest

My thought is maybe the "arms" can be disassmbled and the "click clack things" removed...I don't know. I do know that DH installed the new peice in seconds so assumed it disassembles quickly and easily.

juliasdad Guest

I don't think you can easily disassemble the arms to remove the little moving pieces.

But two points:

1) I don't think babies are necessarily disturbed by the noise. Julia drifts off to sleep with hers still click-clacking.

2) Rather than removing the little pieces that slide, you might consider trying to use some felt on them to keep them from clacking. BUT, don't do this unless you're absolutely sure that you can do it "right", in such a way that it's impossible for a piece of felt to fall off, as that would be a major choking hazard.

-dan

mama2be Guest

Dan,

Thank you, glad to hear that the sound doesn't keep Julia awake. Funny how I would wonder about this mild noise when I have three big dogs that bark enough to shake the house...that mobile is the least of "sound worries" when I really think about it :)

Thanks again...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast