Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: Major Compliment::www.tinylove.com

Neve, off topic, but wanted to let you know that Colin doesn't flinch a muscle when our dogs bark! I guess that he heard enough of that in-utero!!

But he does startle at other quieter sounds (though I doubt that this mobile would bother him - he sleeps through the clicking of his swing)!

Lori & Colin 9/28/02
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Ah ladies, I hate to break it to you, but the day will come when they are no longer such sound sleepers and the dog barking WILL wake them up. For Sarah this probably happened when she was around 11-12 months.

I am lately CURSING the holiday season because the FedEx and UPS men come to the door practically every day and our dog, CONVINCED that the sound of the doorbell is announcing the arrival of the apocalypse, barks hysterically to warn me of this impending apocalypse, and since this is INVARIABLY Sarah's nap time, wakes her up from her one REALLY good nap of the day, thus starting a miserable, cranky, sleep evening for all.

I guess I could attempt to train the dog NOT to bark when the doorbell rings, but the habits of a 10 year old dog are not so easy to break.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Rachels is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Sigh...Abigail has become a light sleeper, too. :(

-Rachel
    Mom to Abigail Rose
    5/18/02
    Rachel

Mama to Abby (5) and Ethan (2)

When you know better, you do better.
    -Maya Angelou

mama2be Guest

OUr UPS guy actually rings the door bell (and then runs) when he drops stuff off...which I guess is good and bad, we always appoach the house from the side and never go up the stairs in the front so things have sat there for days for us. BUT my gosh the dogs go crazy...lately I think they bark more...are they protecting baby I wonder...

I forgot that in utero they do hear all of this, I swear Tristan kicks when DH talks to him in there...

cara1 Guest

Neve,
    Is this the 1st time you've told us Tristan's name? I like it...

mama2be Guest

Cara,

Thank you, no I've had his name pretty much picked out from the the beginning. I did several other names too, Gavin and Trevor were probably the ones that fell right behind Tristan. I had posted this before about his name selection but since you must have missed that thread I'll bore folks with the details again...(sorry guys)...

I like the name and had a lame reason for liking it...I think it was because Brad Pitts character in Legends of the Fall (tho I hated to admit that, and couldn't tell DH I was naming him after Brad PItt's character:):):))...

But just found out about a month ago that a series of books that my grandmother loved "All creatures Great And Small" has a character in them named Tristan. that meant the world to me to find out, more than anything in fact because she would be 112 if alive today, and lived with us for a year before she died way back hhen I was in 7th grade. She LOVED these books and I remember her talking about them all of the time. So it seemed meant to be. I am an animal lover and think this was passed on thru her, and the character was a vet (I need to read the series, becasue I don't know much more)...

Thank you for the endorsement!!!

juliasdad Guest

Neve,

I forgot all about this, but wanted to get back to you. I took a look at our mobile, and I was wrong... it does look like you could remove the clackymakers without too much trouble if you wanted to. The three arms detach from the central collar with just a few small screws, so you definitely could go that route.

-dan

mama2be Guest

Dan,

Thanks so much for letting me know...I'll probably hold out till little one is here and see if it bothers him...I suspect it will be me that it bothers :) It sure is a cute mobile though!!!

Thanks again!!!

gour0 Guest

Don't be so sure. I received three of these rocker arm things because they kept coming broken through the mail. I thought I would just take apart the arms and switch out the broken disks, but I couldn't get them apart even after I removed the screws.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2