mom2b2003 Guest

Default BIG problems at Strollers4Less.com

Hi- Based on other feedback, I placed an order in Jan at Strollers4Less.com.

The Snap 'N Go I received was broken (hey, these things happen- that's not my complaint), and I never received the diaper bag that I ordered although my credit card has been charged (it was charged in Jan)

Since early Feb, I have been sending emails and calling the company to get a Return Auth. Number for the stroller and to find out where my diaper bag is.

I have received no responses to any of the emails that I have sent (I have been sending email to their "orders" address, "customer service" address, and "returns" address that are posted on the site). In addition, I have spoken with several cust. service reps - none of whom could help me, but promised to "look into what was going on" and call me back that day. However, I have yet to receive a call back.

When I phoned today, I received a message "the person you have tried to reach is not available. you will now be disconnected from the system".

Yikes!!! I am disputing the charges to my credit card, but wanted people to be aware of this recent problem and warn about placing an order through Strollers4Less.com right now.

Katie
    EDD 3/31/03

FrostFamily Guest

Default RE: BIG problems at Strollers4Less.com

Katie,

My wife and I have been having similar problems with Strollers4less.com. Our stroller was "lost" by FedEx and although Strollers4less has put a claim through with FedEx and claims to have re-shipped the stroller, we haven't received anything despite several calls. I have been debating filing a complaint with the Department of Consumer Protection but hesitant to do so in case I am just an isolated incident. I think I will go ahead now.

Has anybody else had recent problems with Strollers4less.com?

Steve

darebear Guest

I ordered a Maclaren Vogue from them about 6 months ago and when I received the stroller it was the wrong color, and when I called them to tell them they were less than helpful, trying to convince me to keep it. Eventually they agreed to send me a FedEx sticker to return it and sent me the correct color. Mind you I ordered it express shipping because I wanted to take in on vacation with us. The entire return process took 3 weeks. When the shipped the correct stroller they charged my card again until they received the wrong on back. I had to call 5 or 6 times to get the return sticker. By the time the correct stroller came it was too late so I had to buy the stroller locally. When the second one came they didn't want to take it back. I disputed it with my credit card company, altough the stroller sat in my house for 6 weeks, before strollers4less issued another return sticker. I will never order from them again. Like you said they don't return calls and when they do it is only to say that it is someone elses fault.

Allison

FrostFamily Guest

Just so you know...

I emailed Strollers4Less.com (and called them as well) to inform them that I was filing a complain with the FTC and Dept of Consumer Protection and that I had posted a notice to this message board about my problems. And guess what happened? I received the stroller we ordered 3 days later.

By the way, I spoke to Shannon in Claims, ext 222, and she called me back as promised, so at least _somebody_ responds to inquiries at Strollers4Less.

Although we received our stroller, I would be cautious about this company. I agree that the company does not respond to email _at_all_ and the people answering the phones are not particularly helpful and/or not particularly friendly. The hastle of ordering from this company was not worth the minimal savings over other stores.

Steve

Rachels is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I keep hearing stories like this! Steer clear, steer clear!

-Rachel
    Mom to Abigail Rose
    5/18/02
    Rachel

Mama to Abby (5) and Ethan (2)

When you know better, you do better.
    -Maya Angelou

mom2b2003 Guest

Thanks Steve. I left Shannon a voicemail message on Friday indicating that I am disputing the entire order with my credit card company - I still can't believe they charged me for merchanidse that never shipped!!!- and giving a brief overview of my attempts to contact and have my order resolved (both the broken stroller and the diaper bag that never shipped) over the past month +.

I guess it's good that their phone lines were back up on Friday, but given this performance record, I would say that this company's days are probably numbered.

Katie
    EDD 3/31/04

Steamncup Guest

First time mom to be
    the "Nugget's" EDD 02 July 2003

Thanks SO much to everyone for letting us know about the problems with this website/company!!! I was pretty close to ordering from them (the free shipping and no sales tax were a HUGE lure for me), but I think I will simply haul myself down to BRU and pay the sales tax so that I don't have to deal with the hassle!!

Deb

arizonamommy Guest

reading these posts stressed me out!!!
    i ordered my mac techno days before the posts showed up.
    i called to cancel my order bc they said it was in stock and then told me not until april. i assumed from reading these posts i would have many problems.
    on friday i was about to mail back the free rocker that came with the stroller and the fed ex guy shows up with my stroller and stroller bag.
    i guess i was one of the lucky ones.
    i still don't think i would use them again bc they are so difficult to contact.

marcy