Thread: Gap Maternity

tbdw425 Guest

Default Gap Maternity

Hi,

I am pregnant for the second time, first born in May 02, this one due in November 03, so I needed a few key summer pieces that I did not need for pregnancy #1. First time around I had great luck with Gap Maternity. Now I am very disappointed.

I ordered my clothes 10 days ago, all are in stock, but none have shipped. Since I waited til I was 20 weeks to even think about maternity clothes, now I am desperate for my order. I called Gap and they told me they are "upgrading their systems to improve customer service". When I told them of my delay and explained that these were maternity items (with limited usefulness) I asked that I at least be compensated by having the items shipped to me overnight. Not only would they not honor my request, but the goods still have not been shipped and no one can tell me when this may happen.

Fairly pathetic!

Just a warning.

Default RE: Gap Maternity

Gap has been great about customer service. I got an email explaining about their delays and technical upgrades and it had a code for $10 off my next order. So I ordered something for $10, got it for just the cost of the shipping, and they sent me another code! Cool.

...Karen
    Jacob Nathaniel 2/27/91
    Logan Elizabeth 3/25/03
    ...Karen
    ds 1991
    dd 2003
    dd 2008 now home from Taiwan!

suzanica Guest

Hi~

I had the same problems with Gap just recently. I needed a pair of drawstring pants to come home in from the hospital after giving birth. I waited over 12 days and was VERY pissed off. I called and complained everyday (after the 10th day). They did not charge me for shipping and and also gave me a 10% discount (total saved was over 30 dollars). The cloting I ordered finally arrived while I was in the hospital...thank heaven!
    Stick to your guns!
    Suzi

molliepayne Guest

I would maybe try calling back and speaking to a different customer service rep. I have always had good experiences with Gap Customer Service - Once I even ordered stuff from them for Christmas, and they garunteed it would be there on time. Well when it didn't show up Christmas eve, I called, and they refunded me the entire amount! Then a postal worker dressed up as Santa Claus delivered it Christmas Morning! It almost seemed like I should have had to pay extra to have Santa himself bring it to my house, but I got the $250 order for FREE!!!

helenyoo Guest

I ordered some baby clothing from gap and I had similar experience with waiting. I finally had to email them and that if they haven't already shipped the items, I wanted to cancel - they didn't respond to the letter for a few days and then I got my package. around the same time, I got an email saying that they already shipped my package and that it was not possible to cancel. I tried ordering again several weeks later and I got a warning regarding the delays in shipping. I'm kind of disappointed in Gap! Plus, I found their maternity clothing to be made rather large. I was never able to wear their clothing until the last trimester.

Rebecca1118 Guest

I ordered from them about 2 months ago - and had the same problem with them "upgrading their system". My order took over 3 weeks - and they weren't real helpful when I called. They did end up shipping my order out overnight and giving me free shipping on my next order along with a $10 off coupon. I am however happy with my purchases - and will remember next time to order way in advance. The other thing to be aware of is that some of the items run pretty large. I am generally a medium on most things and had to return my mediums for smalls. Good thing is that you can return the items to any Gap store -unfortunatly then your faced with placing another order.

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Gap Online was terrible for us. I placed an order via their phone number for items not on the website anymore. No problems. I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait...nothing shows up. I call back, they ran out of what I had ordered and didn't bother to tell me, just refunded my credit card! Yes, there's a discount towards future purchases, but by then it was too late to get what I wanted in the stores.
    Boy - 10 years, Girl - 6 Years Old!, (What am I still doing here?! LOL) Dog - Eternal Puppy , Me - Done .