Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    peanut4us Guest

Default RE: Snapfish photo books - not so good (UPDATE)

SOrry to hear that. I did check with Costco FWIW and they do not make books like what you are describing. But they do charge just .19 cents a pic to develop from digital. I have no idea what Sams does.

I wanted to get a photo book made and my husband found a magazine article about websites that do them. The article said Snapfish was the best bang for the buck but the author liked the book from imagestation.com the best. Anytimephoto.com is supposed to use the same printer for photo books as Imagestation but Anytimephoto's website is supposed to be easier to use. But I haven't actually gotten around to putting my photo's together so I don't know about quality.

Shannon,

While I've never used them myself, Ofoto has 35mm developing and online picture viewing.
    http://www.ofoto.com/HelpFilm.jsp?
    They send you pre-paid mailers for you to drop in your film and then they return the negatives to you as well as an email link for your pictures. A friend of mine has used them for years, before she had a digital camera, and still uses them today for both her digital and 35mm needs. I don't think they make prints from already developed film (sorry, this doesn't help with your mom's book!), but maybe you could try them out for future 35mm rolls.

HTH,

mamarabil Guest

I used snapfish a couple of years ago for digital travel photos and was very satisfied with the quality. HOWEVER, I've gotten 2 orders recently of the baby's photos and been disappointed in the quality. I don't know if they changed their developing techniques or what happened. They agreed to refund my money/replace photos but I don't know if I want another batch of crappy pictures. The colors were HORRIBLE! I don't think I'd trust them to develop my film - these photos are just too precious.

Mari

Mama Mae Guest

Just for fair warning - I'm taking this a little bit off track.

Before we got a digital camera I would order a CD of my photos when I got the film developed. This is available at pretty much all developers nowdays. THEN I would upload them onto my computer and put the ones I wanted to share into Ofoto.com.

Ofoto rocks! It's completely free to create the online albums. You can edit the pictures and add titles too. This is such a treat for my family who all live half way across the country from us.

I haven't personally ordered the prints but a friend of mine did and she was very happy with them. She has high standards too. They have all sorts of purchasing options including books.

At least check it out. You might like it.

cchavez is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We have been very happy w/ ofoto. We only use digital. hth

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2