alaska Guest

Default babyuniverse.com just lied to me

I want to order a wizard - obviously, I'd prefer to have one manufactured after 7/23 so as to escape the recall. The babyuniverse customer service rep told me (after putting me on hold a couple of times to check with her supervisor) that all of their seats are fine; that none of the in-stock seats at babyuniverse.com are subject to the recall; and that Britax called them and told them that the model numbers they have are not subject to the recall. I even asked her to repeat that because, I told her, it was my understanding that ALL of the seats manufactured before 7/23 were being recalled. she put me on hold to check with her supervisor again and when she came back told me no, the model numbers they have are "fine" and "safe."

So I called Britax - no, Britax did not call babyuniverse to tell them their model numbers were fine - not possible since I was correct, it's all seats being recalled. Even worse, the model number currently advertised on the babyuniverse site is a recalled number.

I must say though that when i called back, the supervisor I spoke to quickly admitted that the information I was first given was absolutely incorrect, and apologized. She said that babyuniverse.com had just received the recall information twenty minutes ago (?).

I'm still a little ticked though.

amazz Guest

Default RE: babyuniverse.com just lied to me

I would be ticked too!! UGH!! Why can't companies be honest? They would probably get more business, especially since many people are going to read this and not buy from them.

Angela
    EDD 10/15/04
    A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg

Play Pen Guest

The new units will have a gray serial number label, not white, and the model # will be E9W.

brooksmom Guest

I had the same experience with Baby Universe. They gave me a totally fabricated story concerning the Britax recall. I then called Britax who informed me that Baby Universe is not even an authorized dealer for them. Baby Universe gets their seats they sell from another retail store. This is why they had no clue about the recall or any other issue regarding Britax-they don't have any direct communication with the company at all! So they lied on both accounts!