Default Birth Announcement Suggestions

Hi everyone. Not sure where to post, but I thought if people had big thumbs-up or thumbs-down on particular sites that would be great. I've seen the purplestork.com site and love it, but my husband isn't a big fan so I would love some other suggestions.

Thanks! Amy

jermak Guest

Default RE: Birth Announcement Suggestions

Great website! I love it! There are a lot of websites in the section on the baby bargains section called "bonus materials."

They have more "traditional" annoucements.

good luck!

jermak Guest

I just looked at a post from another memeber- simplytoimpress.com. Another beautiful site with a bit more variety!

Good luck.

nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Just wanted to say I just place my order with purplestork and they are great! The owner was fabulous to work with and so fast! I've attached a jpeg of the announcement we are using (I've removed my last name) but if you don't love the designs she has I'm sure she would work with you to make one to your liking.
    Can't say enough great things about Purplestork!
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

meshell Guest

I love the announcements from www.inababycarriage.com

They are really beautiful and fun designs, and Amber is a doll to work with! I ordered DS's announcements from her.

purpleeyes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We got ours from storkavenue.com-great to work with. We were able to order the envelopes ahead, then emailed them a picture and we got the finished product in about 2 days! Plus it matched our nursery, so that was cool, too!! You can also order as many samples as you want-I ordered twice and was able to use the extras as decorations in our son's room ;)

good luck!

Beth
    Last edited by purpleeyes; 05-12-2011 at 01:31 PM.

I might be a little late in spotting this thread, but wanted to pass on another great site for baby announcements. It is very similar to the ones previously suggested, but these are a little bit more cost effective and the owner is great to work with.

www.babyjcards.com

$1.00 per announcement and includes envelopes

I've preordered my announcements and received the envelopes two days after placing my order. Take a look at her samples.

Enjoy,
    Tracy

sophiecat Guest

We used taylorcard.com twice and I love their customer service. The petite series was very reasonable.

We used inababycarriage.com and received awesome customer service. There was a hiccup at the printer, and the owner proactively contacted me, explained the problem and offered free thank you cards and overnight delivery for when the announcements came (they were just a few days late). I was really impressed with the quality, too.

Default RE: Birth Announcement Suggestions - UPDATED

Hi everyone. I actually posted the original question so I thought I would update with what I ended up using....

Amber at www.inababycarriage.com was absolutely wonderful to work with. The design that we liked was all black and white, but when she sent the proofs she included one that kept the picture in color. That's when we realized that we did want to do a color photo so you could see Jake's coloring, but it no longer looked good with the standard colors on the design we had picked. She went back and forth a couple of times with us trying different colors for the block on the bottom and the lettering. We ended up with the combo below (although the blue lettering is actually much closer to the Boppy color in person)and received them quickly. Just an FYI..."Jacob Hammond" is his first and middle name and then your last name goes where the "Amy and Stuart" are, but she removed for the link.

I would HIGHLY recommend them!!

http://www.inababycarriage.com/proofs/jacob.jpg