Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ani1974 Guest

Default RE: babyspecialtyshop.com HORROR

I filed a dispute with my bank and they're investigating it. I haven't gotten my money back yet, but hopefully I will.

I filed claims with the BBB, FTC, and just yesterday with the IFC (http://www1.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp. I even called the Port Orange Police Dept to see if I could file a police report but they said that the best thing would be to dispute it with my credit card because if I filed a report i would have to go down there and find the people and take them to claims court. I might still consider going to my local police department and filing a police report, just so there's a record.

I finally heard from the manufacturer of the chair, which supposedly met with the owners last week. The manufacturer told me that he never received an order from the store for my chair. He also said that the babyspecialtyshop wasn't able to find my order while he was there but that they'd look into it some more and contact me, which they haven't done. I asked the manufacturer for any contact info he might have for them, but the info he had was the same I had. I tried to call the phone number again and nothing. He said he visited them at the 755 Taylor Road Address, so i guess they're still there. I plan to write them a letter and cc everyone I can think of. It's just rediculous that they're permitted to stay in business!

Good Luck!

Ana

dsmbertain Guest

Hi Ana,

I filed an official complaint with my C.C. company tonight so I'm hoping I'll get my money refunded. Have you heard anything additional about your "missing" order? Also, I'm not sure if you saw in our previous postings but it looks like the website has shut-down and re-opened as www.babiesbestchoice. Take a look at that site...it's identical to the other site. It really torks me that these people can keep opening fraudulent businesses!

Sandi

ani1974 Guest

Hi Sandi,

Yes, I did see that. I can't even get a hold of these people to find anything out. The manufacturer said that they didn't have an order for the chair I ordered and that the store owner said he didn't have the order either but was going to look for it and call me. Right! I'm still waiting. My bank is looking into it but I don't think they would really go as far as closing them down or anything.

What I'd like to do is create another website that comes up when searching for the babyspecialtyshop or babiesbestchoice to warn people about these crooks. LOL!

Ana

analane Guest

I sent them one last e-mail telling them that I had discovered many others who hadn't received their order and that I found many complaints filed on the BBB site. I told them that I filed my own complaint as well. I also wrote how I felt about them and their "new deceitful site". I really wish that there was something that we could do to prevent them from getting any other "victims".

I just took a look at my credit card statement, and it looks like they charged me on the day that I placed my order (10/23) but then they issued a credit on 11/9. I hadn't even complained to them at that time, so I'm not sure why they credited me back then. I just hope they don't try charging me again later, but my credit card company says that I can always call them back and dispute the charge if they do.

I hope you all get your money back, and I hope you find your stuff from a better site. As an FYI, I ordered my bedding from Dreamtime Baby, and it came within 1 1/2 weeks, and the prices were great. Unfortunately, they didn't have the window valance that I wanted so I still need to find another honest website.

Thanks for your responses. Congratulations and good luck with your babies!! :-)

-Ana

Granny2B Guest

Hello - Unfortunately, I know all too well the anger you are feeling towards these people. I ordered a nursery set on October 27, 2005. My card was charged immediately (of course!). On October 28, 2005 I emailed them with a question. They did not respond to my first 2 emails, then on my third attempt (I also sent a copy of the email to my second email account, for record keeping purposes)they finally responded saying how "sorry" they were that they were having problems with their website, and they had spoken with the manufacturer and my order would be shipped by the end of the week (which was the week of November 07, 2005). They even sent a second email the next day verifying that my order would be shipped by the end of the week. Ten days went by and I hadn't heard from them. I sent another email, no response. By this time I was tired of dealing with them, and took matters into my own hands. I called Baby Universe (who is wonderful, by the way) because I noticed they also carried products from this specific manufacturer and asked if they had anyway of getting in touch with the manufacturer. All they had was an email address. I emailed DaVinci (also a wonderful company)inquiring about the status of my order. I received an email back within 10 minutes (late on a Friday evening I might add). DaVinci advised me that my order was not being shipped to me as babyspecialtyshop.com had stated, and they advised me to order from another distributor, because they were unable to get any responses to their emails or phone messages. I immediately called my credit card company. My credit card company advised me that they would credit my account the $700 babyspecialtyshop.com had charged me for 30 days. If in those 30 days babyspecialtyshop.com could not prove they had delivered the product, the credit would be permanent. Needless to say, I was not worried about being charged the $700. The 30 days expired on the 18th of this month. Not suprisingly, I never heard from babyspecialtyshop.com after the email stating my order was being shipped. I cannot imagine a more evil scam, taking advantage of young excited parents and not as young excited grandparents! I too, wish there was a way to get word out that these people are evil. I tell everyone this story.

bkfarley Guest

I posted a notice on this website in November after I had ordered a crib that never arrived. I contested it through my credit card company and got my money back. I mailed a letter to the address listed on the site and it got returned for "no such person". The whole site must be a scam. I emailed the baby bargains editors and told them about it too, so hopefully it might get mentioned in their next edition. Good luck and hopefully the BBB will investigate!

Bridget
    mother to Anna

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3