Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    ani1974 Guest

Default babyspecialtyshop.com HORROR

Has anyone successfully ordered from www.babyspecialtyshop.com? I ordered a glider and ottoman from them 2 months ago and have been emailing to get an update on my order and have gotten no response. Yesterday I went to the website and it looks totally different, when I typed out the link to my cart from my printout I got a website that looks just like the original babyspecialtyshop website, except now it's called www.babiesbestchoice.com. I've tried to call the phone number on both sites and don't even get voicemail. Today, I tried to go on both websites and neither links work. I have no idea what's going on but this seems like a major scam? They already charged me the price of the glider and ottoman when I place the order because it was a special order. I just don't know what to do to get in touch with these people. Any Suggestions? I guess if I don't hear anything by tomorrow I'll just file a claim with my credit card company. This is awful. It seemed like a reputable store. The chair manufacturer even had them listed on their website as a retailer.

Thanks for reading my tirade! I'm just so stressed over this!

Ana

sandy123 Guest

Default RE: babyspecialtyshop.com HORROR

Got this off of Network Solutions website: Good luck.

WHOIS Record For
    babyspecialtyshop.com

Registrant:

Jim Mendler
    PO Box 291556
    Port Orange, FL 32127
    US
    Email: [email protected]

Registrar Name....: REGISTER.COM, INC.
    Registrar Whois...: whois.register.com
    Registrar Homepage: www.register.com

Domain Name: babyspecialtyshop.com

Created on..............: Thu, Jan 27, 2000
    Expires on..............: Fri, Jan 27, 2006
    Record last updated on..: Tue, Nov 29, 2005

Administrative Contact:

Jim Mendler
    PO Box 291556
    Port Orange, FL 32127
    US
    Phone: 1-386-3046995

Technical Contact:
    Registercom
    Domain Registrar
    575 8th Avenue
    New York, NY 10018
    US
    Phone: 1-902-7492701

DNS Servers:

wsc1.jomax.net
    wsc2.jomax.net

ani1974 Guest

Thanks,

I found this information. When I looked up the whois info for the babiesbestchoice website, i get Domains By Proxy which is basically a company that hides the owner information from Who Is which leads me to believe the owners are trying to hide something. Thanks for your help though! i appreciate it.

dsmbertain Guest

Hi Ana,

I am having the same exact problem. I placed my order on 9/20 for a set of cradle sheets. I received one e-mail response since then and have had no luck with further e-mails or phone calls. I'm going to start calling/e-mailing that new website. I am so mad! I'm also going to file a charge complaint on my credit card because they charged my card the day after the order! Normally, good practice is not to charge until you ship. Good luck and let me know if you have any contact with those people!!!

Sandi

dsmbertain Guest

Hi Ana,

I am having the same exact problem. I placed my order on 9/20 for a set of cradle sheets. I received one e-mail response since then and have had no luck with further e-mails or phone calls. I'm going to start calling/e-mailing that new website. I am so mad! I'm also going to file a charge complaint on my credit card because they charged my card the day after the order! Normally, good practice is not to charge until you ship. Good luck and let me know if you have any contact with those people!!!

Sandi

ani1974 Guest

Tell me about it. I can't even believe this is happening. I also paid for the glider and ottoman in advance, about $520. I have to go to my bank to file a complaint b/c I bought on my Visa Check Card. It's just awful. I talked to the manufacturer of the glider, since the company was listed on the manufacturer's website as an authorized dealer and the rep from the manufacturer is trying to contact them, as well as looking up whether the store even placed the order for the glider, so we'll see. Good luck to you too.

Ana

ani1974 Guest

Tell me about it. I can't even believe this is happening. I also paid for the glider and ottoman in advance, about $520. I have to go to my bank to file a complaint b/c I bought on my Visa Check Card. It's just awful. I talked to the manufacturer of the glider, since the company was listed on the manufacturer's website as an authorized dealer and the rep from the manufacturer is trying to contact them, as well as looking up whether the store even placed the order for the glider, so we'll see. Good luck to you too.

Ana

dsmbertain Guest

Hi Ana,

I read a couple other postings and discovered that you can file an online complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I did it this morning and it took about 10 minutes. They are going to contact the company for me and forward my complaint. I checked this place's BBB history and it was not very promising but it did appear that they resolved most of their complaints. I really urge you to file your own. Maybe between the two of us, we can get some action. Good luck!

Sandi

dsmbertain Guest

Hi Ana,

I read a couple other postings and discovered that you can file an online complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I did it this morning and it took about 10 minutes. They are going to contact the company for me and forward my complaint. I checked this place's BBB history and it was not very promising but it did appear that they resolved most of their complaints. I really urge you to file your own. Maybe between the two of us, we can get some action. Good luck!

Sandi

ani1974 Guest

I did that. I'm in the process of filing one with the federal trade commission, which you can do online, too at

https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq$.startup?Z_ORG_CODE=PU01

Thanks for the update.

Ana

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast