Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mom2M Guest

Default RE: Anyone order from SpecialtyBaby/Albee Baby?

Very reliable and they have great prices!

Great experiences with them. Would order again.

I have ordered from Albee several times before, but am having a problem with them now. I ordered a changing table that apparently was/is out of stock and no longer carried on 8/18 (Shouldn't have been on their website!). They billed my credit card immediately, even though they didn't have the item in stock.

Then they called an offered to split the difference on two other changing tables for me. Great, I thought. But, DH accidentally deleted the answering machine message and I don't know the model numbers to pick from. So, I emailed them. No response. Emailed again on 9/13--no response. Emailed 9/23 and asked them to just cancel my order and refund my money. No response. Emailed on 9/28--no response. Today I emailed again and basically told them that if I do not get a response by Wednesday confirming that my money has been refunded, I am contacting Visa and putting in a dispute on the charge. This is ridiculous! So, I'll keep you posted on if I get my refund or not. They do not have a 1-800 number and I refuse to pay for a long distance call. If you advertise your email on your website, as they do, you need to answer it.

That is my experience. I know it is not the norm, as I have ordered from them 3 other times and the items came quickly for a very good price. But after this, I will not be ordering from them again.

Finally after threatening to dispute the charge, Albee's claims they will refund my money. I haven't checked with Visa yet, but I am assuming they are honorable to their word. I won't be ordering there again, though.

Albees made good on their word and refunded my money. And...because I am a sucker, I ordered from them again too. I ordered a P3 on Sunday and received it today. So, I guess they just really don't respond to email.

JustMare Guest

I've been to their store once on the Upper West Side here in NYC and it's packed! It's a very tight space with lots of items. Didn't enjoy shopping there at the time since we were only browsing, however, the staff is very knowledgeable and friendly. I have friends in the neighborhood who swear by them. It's the kind of place where you need the staff's assistance or you'd never find anything in the store. Nothing like a Babies R Us where you can help yourself and wander around.

They don't seem to be the "email" type. I was surprised to hear they had a website. I would call them if you need assistance, rather than email.

Mare

I've ordered from them a few times for a P3 stroller and Britax Marathon. The shipping was free and it was so fast. Loved it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2