donna Guest

Default Just wanted to say that I bought a Morigeau crib, which is made in Canada

and it is very nice, very sturdy, and has a very smooth, quiet mechanism for lowering the side rail. It was pricey but I love it!

-Donna

moconnor Guest

Default RE: Just wanted to say that I bought a Morigeau crib, which is made in Canada

Great to hear about your satisfaction. I'm about to take delivery on the same. Will post with opinion.

elelvee Guest

Default RE: Just wanted to say that I bought a Morigeau crib, which is made in Canada

DITTO. I love our Morigeau crib. The crib is extremely sturdy. It was very easy to adjust to the lower level once our baby got older and the knee release is great. We didn't think $535 was that expensive considering the quality. We shopped extensively and thought the Morigeaus were better than many cribs in their price range.

ElbertMom Guest

Default Morigeau Crib

We purchased a Morigeau crib in January 2001 and love it. We were shopping for a Pali when we came across this Morigeau on sale ($399)and we preferred the quiet mechanisms on the Morigeau over the Pali. My daughter is now 6 1/2 months old and we have it in the lowest setting since she is a climber and it has the bumpa bed mattress which gives her 4 more inches of height when standing on it. We think it was a great purchase.

LisaH Guest

Default RE: Morigeau Crib

We also have a Morigeau crib and love it. Design is nice and the construction is very sturdy. Baby Bargains does not give it enough mention. Glad we came across it. Its much better than a Pali.

neuhofer Guest

I also have a Morigeau that I love. I shopped a lot for a crib, but geographic location limited me to the most common department store companies. I've never seen Pali and similar.

The STABILITY (it's a rock!) of the assembled crib, the durability of the solid wood, and the classy styles make Morigeau totally worth their premium over Storkcraft, Evenflo, Fisher Price, etc. As an illustration, the reason I was buying a crib was that my sister-in-law's "disintegrated" after 3 kids. It was one of those common white ones with solid wood spindles, but particleboard ends.

To get around the cost issue, I simply bought second hand. The crib was in perfect shape and completely within the current safety standards.

FYI, the brand new Morigeaus no longer use the metal knee-drop mechanism. They have a plastic "discreet-drop". It looks like the plastic railing supports on a lot of the cheaper cribs (You know: lift side slightly, but the bottom in with knee, and lower). However, the plastic is fully recessed into the wood. A salesperson told me it is less prone to breakage this way, which makes sense. Designwise it is far less intrusive and therefore more attractive.

Cheers,
    Shannon