Thread: Dreft detergent

aakella Guest

Default Dreft detergent

Hi,
    Does anyone know where I can find Dreft liquid detergent in Toronto,Ontario? I heard it is available in the US but did not see it any of the Canadian grocery stores. My dd has eczema and I want to use a milder detergent to wash her clothes to see if that helps. Any suggestions?
    Thank you in advance,
    Aparna

Default RE: Dreft detergent

Hi!

Thanks for using our message boards.

When I read your question, I just had to put in my 2¢. My youngest child has severe eczema, so I know what you're going through. We use detergent that has no dyes or fragrances. The brand I have now is ALL, but I've seen other brands that offer a similar detergent in their product line. Then I always do an extra rinse on his clothes. We never used Dreft, mainly because it is expensive and may add a film to sleepwear that makes it flamable, believe it or not!

Hope this helps,

Denise Fields
    authors, BABY BARGAINS

aakella Guest

Default RE: Dreft detergent

Thank you!

I ended up purchasing Ivory Snow which I heard is good. I'll have to wait and see if there is any difference. I have also started doing an extra rinse on my baby's clothes.

BTW, I love your book and the website. My husband and I have got a lot of good info both from your book and website.

---Aparna