andre1023 Guest

Default Going to Montreal in July-Looking for stores

We are going to Montreal over July 4 weekend. Would like to pick
    up some furniture or baby items. We will be driving from New York
    so the stores can be in the Montreal area.

Do you know if Canada's car seats are latch fitted yet? Most
    won't be untill Sept in the states.

Any other information will be helpful.

Thanks

KathyO Guest

Default RE: Going to Montreal in July-Looking for stores

I'd be surprised if Canada gets its LATCH seats very long before the States does. Most of ours are manufactured in the States anyway, and then have to go through Transport Canada bureaucracy before they hit the shelves up here.

Besides, if you live in the States, you'll want a seat that's stickered and certified for use in the States (FMVSS) rather than in Canada (CMVSS). Most of the time, this does not translate to any practical, physical difference in the seats, but there's the huge question of the legality of the seat and whether your insurance would cover an accident where a non-FMVSS seat was used. It's one of the items you probably shouldn't buy outside of the country.

For stores in the Montreal area, check the post a few items back in this area, titled "Going to Canada - Any Recommendations".

Hope you have a really enjoyable trip - Montreal is fabulous in the summer!!! You may want to reserve your accommodations ahead of time - there are some major summer festivals (Jazz Festival, Just for Laughs Comedy Festival, Fireworks Festival) that will eat up a lot of hotel rooms. (Speaking of eating, have breakfast at a Chez Cora restaurant for me! I promise, you won't regret it!!)

Cheers,

KathyO