Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default 2004 Inglesina Zippy - availability in Canada

I e-mailed Inglesina (to their Italian headquarter) about the availability date of the 2004 Zippy in Candada, and here's the response:
    ----------------------------
    Dear Mr. xxx

Thank you for your interest in the Zippy! Top answer ytour questions:
    1. The 2003 Zippy Rain model has an integrated cover. The 2004 Zippy Rain does not.
    2. The 2004 Zippy Rain will be available in Canada in March 2004.

Kind Regards,
    Can-Am Baby,
    Inglesina Canada
    ----------------------------

I'm deciding between the Peg Pliko P3 or the Zippy... will probably go with the P3 since I really like the black sable colors, and the P3 looks a bit more streamlined (with 2 long metal rods vs. Zippy's metal-everhwhere look).

Default RE: 2004 Inglesina Zippy - availability in Canada

Certainly is going to take it's time to get here. Plus the 2003 they sent here had no "intergrated raincover" you had to buy it seperate.

:)

http://pages.ivillage.com/cl-pamelamomof3

Oh... I thought they had the integrated rain cover for the 2003 zippys! I went to a store in Toronto last night playing with the Zippy and the Pliko P3, and did saw the built-in rain-cover for the Zippy... maybe they have several different models for Canada?

On a different note, for those interested in pricing in Toronto, the prices I saw from a store around Kennedy/Ellesmere last night is as follows:
    Pliko P3 Classico - $309 Canadian
    2003 Inglesina Zippy - $399 Canadian
    Compared to Marilyn's runningstroller.com, the P3 seems quite a bit cheaper (Marilyn has them for $269US, + $35 shipping, with a 1.34 F/X rate = $407 (before 15% duty for Ontario)). But she does have the 2004 Zippy that is not available in Canada yet!!! If I decide to get a Zippy, I would definitely get it from Marilyn...

A.

They must have! 'Cause when i bought my zippy no raincover :(

But maybe that is why i paid 349$CAD? instead of $399?

Figures, seems we always get the run around here lol

Oh i have bought from a running stroller just a small purchase but she was quick to ship & nice to deal with.

GL! :)

http://pages.ivillage.com/cl-pamelamomof3

hipmaman is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Just a thought on the prices if buying from the US...

Don't forget there might be a brokerage fee for the shipping company to clear your parcel across the border (about $35 Cad for UPS) and there is also an 8% duty (beside the 15% taxes) for strollers not made in the US.

Thought you might want to consider all that in when buying from the US. Most of the times, I find after working taxes, duty, shipping, the prices are comparable, unless they are awesome clearance sales in the US that we would come out ahead.
    Tam
    Certified Canadian Child Restraint Safety Technician and Instructor

I've always thought that the 8% duty is the same as the GST... I purchased a camcorder online that was delivered through UPS (from New York), and the only charge I had to pay was 15% of the converted Canadian price. The camcorder was made from Japan, so I figure NAFTA doesn't kick in. Is the duty higher on strollers than camcorders?

To be totally honest, I am not 100% sure of this. Sometimes, I get dinged with more than 15% and sometimes less. But when I bought the Dreamer Design Ditto jogger in 2001, I paid more than the 15% in taxes and the Custom Canada person on the phone told me just to be on the safe side work in 8% for stroller duty.
    Tam

jacolis Guest

HI ladies,

Just wondering if this stroller is available in Canada.... one poster mentioned it was available in Toronto. Do you know where? (I live in Ottawa).

Thanks!

Yes it is available now at Baby Shack in Whitby. My friend has a 2003 and wants to sell. If you are interested, email me at [email protected]
    Tam

Here is the Canadian Retailer list from Inglesina:

http://www.inglesina.com/eng/rivendi...3?countryid=39

There appears to be one dealer in Ottawa. DearBorn in Thornhill has been great to deal with and usually have a few floor models on sale. Out of the others, I have dealt with Mother's Choice, Nursery Rhymes and Baby Shack. I would deal with the first two without hestiation. But the last one, well if you don't have anything nice to say...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast