Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hello folks!

Tequillacowgirl Guest

Default RE: Hello folks!

Good Morning..I have now found my newest obsession..the Inglesina Magnum..I saw it at Dearborn for 599. Its beeeeaaauutiful! But heavy...sigh. I saw the mountain buggies at Lil Niblets, they didnt look that comfortable for a small babe.

hipmaman is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Hello folks!

Oh, the Magnum is very nice, but you'll be looking at the same thing as the Bugaboo though.

1) Two-piece fold (sorta, you can fold with the seat/bassinet attached but to make things more compact, you might have to remove the seat/bassinet from the frame, kwim?). If there is a bassinet, you need to store that bassinet when baby is too old for it and use the seat instead. At least the Bugaboo is more compact when folding. There is nothing compact about a pram like the Magnum (or any pram like that from any other manufactures like Peg Perego, Emmaljunga, etc.)

2) There is also the 'issue' of fixed-wheel of the pram. Some people love the fixed wheels, some learn to steer the pram and like the fixed wheels, some just plain detest them, kwim? Make sure to drive the Magnum with some weight in it, steer it around corners and imagining veering around crowded places like the mall and see how you like the fixed wheels.

3) An not to forget that eventually when baby is older, the pram becomes a bit cumbersome to be your only stroller and you might crave for a light-weight umbrella stroller again.

But I know what you mean a pram is so great and the Magnum is absolutely beautiful.

Tam
    Certified Canadian Child Restraint Safety Technician and Instructor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2