Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Dianna11 Guest

Default RE: Zooper shipping to Canada? - UGH!

We're in Toronto. Our local distributor is of the most expensive. I have contacted other Ontario stores and then looked at the rest of Canada. I'm not jumping to buy from the US right off the bat.

I import fabrics (100s of yards at a time) a few times a month from the US and Europe and I have a brokerage system. I'm not offended that you want me to keep my $ in Canada, but sometimes, it is just not worth it and I am very well aware of importing fees and process. That is why I'm frustrated that I'm just wanting some URL's and I'm getting bombarded with warnings about a process that is already part of my job! I already posted "I just want a URL". Everything that needed to be said in that category has been covered. Perhaps a new thread should be started if you need to discuss this topic as it's irrelevent to my post as already explained in my last message.

It seems though that the Canadian price, plus tax and even shipping from another province will be more still than the price, plus duty and any shipping from the US. The exchange rate is so low right now.

Hence, my request for US stores that sell to Canada that people may have dealt with. The list on the Zooper website is quite long and going through every single US store URL will take more time than I have.

Hopefully this explains everything clearly.

Piglet is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Sorry if we are not answering your question, but we have no way of knowing if you are a person that knows all about import laws and fees. As for providing links, there are VERY few stores that ship to Canada for every one of the reasons we are discussing. I have not had much luck finding stores willing to ship because it messes up their business model. They offer free/low shipping in the US and then can provide high levels of customer service if there are warranty issues/complaints. Most stores (including the biggest ones in the US - i.e. Walmart, Gap, Target, etc.) will not ship to Canada because it is as much of a headache for them to process a return as it it for the average consumer to purchase the item in the first place. If all you want are URLs, you will not get very many responses. There are just not that many stores that sell these items to Canada. We have all just accepted this fact and shop domestically whenever possible or do our shopping when we are on vacation. I repeat it is NOT just about keeping the $$ in the country, it is about keeping the $$ in your wallet and keeping you from getting a headache. I have found that it is WAY easier to buy a stroller from a person in the US than from a store. I have bought 2 used strollers that were relatively hassle free.

Please do not be offended that we are discussing things that are not relevant to you. We have no way of knowing your specific situation. This is a public forum with lots of members. You will always get answers that may be relevant and may be irrelevant to your situation.

The links you received are probably the best ones you will get. If I had to deal with ANYONE in the US for a stroller it would be Marilyn hands down. She is wonderful and will strive to make you happy. I was not aware that she even shipped to Canada since I had long given up on US merchants.

http://www.babyuniverse.com/shipping.asp?store=baby
    also ships to Canada.

Mommy to:

DS1 07/2001
    DS2 03/2005

DD1 05/2007

DD2 03/2014

I spoke to Marilyn at arunningstroller.com a while back regarding shipping a stroller to Canada. Her answer at that time was that she prefers NOT to. She's had bad experience with shipping to Canada. Something always go wrong.

Rebecca

I did a few posts up :P I posted the link right to her Zooper page.

I see someone else said that Marilyn isn't too keen on shipping to Canada now. She was okay with shipping me the Inglesina Twin Swift at the beginning of the year when I was deciding what to do. I wonder what happened.

Piglet is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

There is one on StrollerSWAP right now for $300US.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/StrollerSWAP/

I have bought 2 strollers on SWAP and they are both in as-described condition. Also, I was able to specify how I wanted the stroller shipped, which minimized the shipping/duty/brokerage/etc. charges.

Mommy to:

DS1 07/2001
    DS2 03/2005

DD1 05/2007

DD2 03/2014

hipmaman is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Zooper shipping to Canada? - UGH! -- I'm with Marina

If I had known you were a business woman knowledgable of importing goods, I would not have wasted my time answering your question with irrelevant info.

The thought was to share experiences with shipping a stroller from the US and most of the time it's not worth it.

Last post from me on this topic.
    Tam
    Certified Canadian Child Restraint Safety Technician and Instructor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2