Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    lamia Guest

Default "I hated living in Canada gotta go back again!"

I am canadian moved to the US 4 yrs ago
    I hated living there the whole time when everything is SOOO expensive and US $ converted to CDn combined with 14% tax makes it even worse! while people are paid in canadian $
    I hated missing out great deals while living in Canada the whole time. NO internet shopping (due to extravagant shipping) no good deals no grocery coupons nothing!the clothing selection is too limited !
    I have a new BMW a bugaboo to match it a beautiful son a grand home and everything to think of now that I moved here to the US because everything is affordable Things I can't even think of having in Canada because everything would be unaffordable!

The problem is my husband might have to move there and I am going crazy at the idea of moving there again !

I am canadian born and national myself but I love living here.Nothing to hurt any feelings of die hard canadians

I know a lot of poeple are going to be offended of course Canada has a great health system combined with great social security benefits but it is just the bargain aspect I am talking about !After all i am a shopaholic!and going nuts at the thought of moving back to Canada
    I am again sorry if i hurt any feelings!Will appreciate any input

hipmaman is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: "I hated living in Canada gotta go back again!"

Before I even attempt to respond, may I ask what kind of input you are looking for with this post?
    Tam
    Certified Canadian Child Restraint Safety Technician and Instructor

cartuin Guest

You might be surprised how much Canada has advanced in the four years you have been gone. You can actually buy items on the internet from Canadian stores now, big progress. You can clip grocery coupons from the paper, little bit of work but worth it. I hear that there are stores called the Gap and Old Navy in some parts of Canada, might be worth the drive for a day of shopping if close enough. I have even seen beautiful children in Canada!!

I am also not sure what kind of input you are looking for.

lamia Guest

That is what i need...some input about how advanced Canada is now compared to 4 yrs ago in 2000

Piglet is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Ummm... let's see, we no longer live in igloos, we traded our dogsled in for a car, we even upgraded from beaver pelts to real currency. Now that I think about it, we have running water, centralized heating, and indoor plumbing! How is that for progress?

You will have to forgive me, but I am astounded by your post. You are not moving to a third world country. You are moving to a wonderful place with nice people, great living conditions, good schools and plenty of opportunity. If your post is serious, then I really would like to know what it is that you are looking for as a response. Are you writing to brag about your BMW and Bugaboo and expensive tastes? Are you writing to show an utter lack of appreciation for Canada? Are you just really ignorant? If you have a specific question about shopping in Canada or baby gear availability, post away. If you are trolling, then please do not post in this forum.

Proudly Canadian,

Mommy to:

DS1 07/2001
    DS2 03/2005

DD1 05/2007

DD2 03/2014

darby24 Guest

EDIT: I've decided to take everything back. And to think, I had this great post written and chickened out and toned it down. Now really wish I hadn't. I'll leave what still applies in my mind.

I've now got better things to do than console some poor doctor who hates Vancouver. Boo hoo! If this truly isn't bait, you've really started off on the wrong foot and I would be surprised to see someone come to your aid in the future.

Didn't your mother tell you; if you don't have anything nice to say, say nothing at all!

I personally have found that your posts have come across with too much of a negative put down of the people you're trying to get help from. That's not going to get you very far. A general life tip is not too take jabs at people who could help you.

JMO.

Happy 40th National Flag Day to all my true fellow Canucks!
    http://www.vintagesnowmobiles.50megs...ada%20flag.gif

darby24 Guest

Default - Marina

Only 15 days left? Good luck with everything! Can't wait to hear your details.

hipmaman is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Are you sure that you want to know how things are now in Canada or is this just to "b!tching around" as you so succintly put in the Bitching Post Forum? http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboar...id=15555&page=

A poster said she would gladly traded with you for a chance to live in Canada just for universal healthcare and paid mat. leave. You then replied that "I don't have to pay much for health care because I am a physician myself"

Well, healthcare is more than medical diagnosis for yourself and family! What about all the associated costs when you have to be hospitalised?

I would say that if you seriously agonising about relocating to Canada, then do yourself and family a favour by visiting the city to which your family most likely relocating and see for yourself how things are there. After all, where one lives is one of the most important issues in one's life, especially if there are children involved. Why b!tch about it or take strangers' words on what is so important.

Short of an actual trip, do a bit of research to read up on Canada in the 21 century. Last I heard, Canada ranked in the top few countries with high standard of living (way higher than the US). But wait... that might not matter since marks were given based on health/economic/social issues, instead of shopping. I'm not saying we don't have problems. But problems and benefits come hands in hands and they are different for each individual/family.

If you are trying to get agreement on how expensive things are in Canada. I am sure there are many of us on this forum would agree with you -- emphatically. But if you are serious about getting feedback on life in Canada, then I would suggest re-wording your questions properly so that you get the right and constructive feedback, instead of responses like mine which is a result of being offended by your posts.

Tam
    Certified Canadian Child Restraint Safety Technician and Instructor

darby24 Guest

I never check that forum, too bad I posted before then. I definitely would have re-worded my post as well!

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I find it VERY hard to believe that this post is genuine! Personally I think its bait.

For starters, the poster seems to have a marginal grasp of written English -- I would expect a more professional and grammatically correct writing style from a "real" physician. Also, I've never heard a Canadian refer to themselves as a "national" -- all the Canadians I know use the words "citizen", "resident" or "landed immigrant".

Secondly, if s/he really is a physician, why would s/he be clipping coupons from the paper?!?!? Give me a BREAK!!!! Worrying about money??? Puleeez! Ship the B-mer and the Frog to Canada, keep the "grand home" in the US for vacations and quit whining.

I am sooooo sick of Canada being portrayed as a freakin' backwater, third world country. If you think Canada sucks, fine -- don't move back. There's no vacancy in the igloo anyway.

Melissa
    Mom to Maya http://www.mothering.com/discussions...lies/binky.gif & Dog Mom to Bubba http://www.mothering.com/discussions...milies/dog.gif

http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtic...9.birthday.png

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast