psophia17 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default OT: quality, not too expensive, bedding?

I'm probably going with Ikea, but was wondering if there are other options for nice bedding besides Daniadown, Sears, the Bay, Home Outfitters, and Linens and Things?

I'm looking for a King size down duvet, duvet cover, and shams, that aren't insanely expensive and are decent quality.

Thanks!
    Petra
    Mother of Two
    Owner of BaDumBums

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default RE: OT: quality, not too expensive, bedding?

Sometimes I can find something I like at Winners/Homesense, but truthfully, I'm an Ikea fan. Can't resist buying a couple of duvets to change the look of our bedroom :)
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

hipmaman is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Not sure where you are but if Oakville/Mississauga is accesible to you, there are places like Deblin Linens, Halton Linen Outlet, etc. that carry the same brands/models/styles but for less money. I find GH Johnson (furniture store) does have good linen for a good price too. It is on Dupont St in Toronto.
    Tam
    Certified Canadian Child Restraint Safety Technician and Instructor

Piglet is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Costco!! I have a fantastic down duvet from Costco that has been wonderful! I have even bought them for my parents and ILs as anniversary gifts. I raved so much about it, that all my good friends even bought it. Can you tell I love it? The only catch is that they sometimes don't carry King. I have a Queen, but my friends bought a King a few years back.

Here it is on their website: http://www.costco.ca/en-CA/Browse/Pr...erPath=89*255*

As for sheets, Costco also has nice sheet sets, but again I am not sure if they have all sizes. http://www.costco.ca/en-CA/Browse/Pr...rPath=89*1687*

Otherwise, my perennial fave is still Winners/Homesense as the PP mentioned. I have also bought very nice, well priced sheets at Superstore, of all places?! Truthfully, I have never been impressed with IKEA bedding (although we have lots of it since it is cheap). I have also never had any luck at LNT. I go there and never find anything - prices are too high, generally.

ETA - sorry, I didn't realize you weren't looking for sheets. Most of the same places have shams/duvet covers. I have a duvet set from Costco, but I don't see them on their site right now.

Mommy to:

DS1 07/2001
    DS2 03/2005

DD1 05/2007

DD2 03/2014