Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    psophia17 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Casual Maternity Clothes

Where do I find these besides Old Navy? Sears has almost nothing, the Bay is almost worse, and Thyme Maternity is awfully expensive when you factor in that I tend to have DS-related stains on my top by the end of the day.

Help!
    Petra
    Mother of Two
    Owner of BaDumBums

EllasMum is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Casual Maternity Clothes

I got some great casual stuff at Zeller's. Their maternity t-shirts were my favourite. They also have alot of pants/jeans etc. Plus the price is right. ;)
    ~~~
    Susan
    DD 08-2005
    Impatiently awaiting adoption match!
    Cure FOP - www.ifopa.org
    ~~~

I found the selection a lot better with DD (just gave birth 1 month ago) than when I was pregnant with DS 2 years ago.

I'm not sure where you're located, but some Gap stores in Canada now carry the maternity line... the regular stuff is priced like the store, but in true Gap fashion the sales rack has great deals.

A few select H&M stores also carry a maternity line (called H&M Mama). The prices are reasonable... I just found many of the tops fit quite tight -- they're meant to show off the body but you may or may not be that comfortable with it. I'm normally a XS/S pre-pregnancy, but I was more comfortable with a size medium there.

Roots outlets stores also carry a maternity line... and I've only been able to find them in the outlet stores, not in the regular stores. Great for casual and athletic wear.

And those big box outlet malls that are popping up everywhere(where you'd probably find the Roots outlet, anyways) probably will have Motherhood Maternity outlet. NMS, but you could probably find some casual tees in there.

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Old Navy, Thyme and Motherhood are about your only bets in the Vancouver area. I have never seen a Gap store here that carries their maternity line, ditto for Roots. No H&M stores here either.

I ordered a lot of mine from LE, but they have scrapped their maternity line.

Melissa

Maya Papaya!
    http://lilypie.com/baby2/040411/3/4/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]

Piglet is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Honestly... in the States! I am a big Go Canada Go gal, but Target in the US has such nice maternity clothes and cheap too! Can you get out to a Target one of these weekends? I sent my parents to one when they were camping in Montana and they bought me a few really nice casual tops. I loved them!

Here are the closest stores to Bellingham, WA:

http://sites.target.com/site/en/spot...uestid=1890463

Mommy to:

DS1 07/2001
    DS2 03/2005

DD1 05/2007

DD2 03/2014

Yes I have to vouch for Target also.

Most of my pregnancy clothing for my first pregnancy was purchased at Target. They have the Liz Lange maternity line and they have a much better selection of sizes for nursing bras than I could find in Canada (it's like they don't think smaller-chested mamas get pregnant and BF in Canada).
    Very reasonabl prices. The only downside was that pants only start at size 6, so if you're smaller than than than you're out of luck.

I was recently in Vancouver a few months ago and we drove across the border and went to the Target in Bellingham... there's also a Ross (sort of like a Winners) near the Target that had a maternity rack.
    I'm from Ontario and we cross-border shop in Buffalo, NY... I wish they had a Ross there =(
    Got some REALLY nice baby outfits (Baby Guess, Ralph Lauren) for CHEAP.

Oh... I didn't realize the OP was from the Vancouver area.

I think the only Gap stores that carry the maternity line so far are in the GTA and in Calgary.
    And my cousin who recently moved to Vancouver was lamenting the fact that there are no H&Ms there yet...

I'm surprised they don't have the maternity line in the Roots outlets though. I remember seeing one of those huge big box outdoor outlet malls near the Vancouver airport and I think it had a Roots... maybe try there?

luckymommy Guest

We were on vacation in Florida when I was three months pregnant and also got some great shirts from Target (they were cheap too).

Anyway, my local Gap Kids in Ottawa started selling Maternity clothes about 2 months ago. Normally Ottawa gets stuff last so I'm surprised that Vancouver doesn't have Gap Maternity yet.

I also got some stuff at Motherhood maternity...some really pretty shirts. Everytime I wore them, people always commented.

OOOOOOH, Ross! I miss Ross sooooo much!

I bought most of my maternity clothes this time
    around at Motherhood (I got a bunch of dresses
    at an outlet in the states for $10) and Target.
    Target is great! They also have a line called
    'In Due Time'(I think) that's mostly basics but
    also nice.
    Some Walmart stores in the states also have a rack
    or two of things...got a few nice shirts there as well.
    Walmart also sells a cheapie nursing bra for $8US...not the best
    but I really like mine and the underwires are removable.

Holly

psophia17 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

>I remember seeing one of those huge big box
    >outdoor outlet malls near the Vancouver airport and I think it
    >had a Roots... maybe try there?

We take DS to the airport pretty often, to watch the planes (they have a great park for that), and there's no outlet malls near that to speak of...are you sure that's where it was?

Petra
    Mother of Two
    Owner of BaDumBums

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast