Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Update #2

MA #1 (August 31, 2004) -- RFg to 15kg/33lbs -- sticker & manual

MA #2 (May 2006) -- RFg to 14kg/30lbs -- sticker & manual

Melissa

http://b3.lilypie.com/rppJm7/.png[/img][/url]

http://bd.lilypie.com/SasRm7.png

EllasMum is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: What is up with the 32" RF height limit?

UPDATE: Ok folks, I just checked my Marathon User Guide and on page 2, the following point is noted:

"This child restraint is designed for use rear facing by children whose weight is between 2.3 and 14kg (5 and 30 lbs) and whose height is between 46 and 81cm (18 and 32 inches) and forward facing by children whose weight is between 9 and 22kg (20 and 48lbs) and whose height is between 74 and 120cm (29 and 47 inches)."

DD's seat was manufactured Jan 06. Clearly different from what the online Canadian user guide shows! Craziness!!

Hi everyone - wow, I really stirred up a hornet's nest with this one, eh??! I went back to my MA booklet and it very definitely says 32" - I wish I had my book handy and I'd quote the page to you. I don't know about a sticker - I saw it in the book. It says RF up to 32" very clearly. I will check for a sticker, although I don't recall seeing one in the RF/FF/RF adventure of the last week! I did note that my seat shows a DOM of 12/1/06 (Jan 12 06). When I went to Britax's website and looked at their online Canadian guide, it still shows the 37" that everyone is familiar with. I suppose it is possible the 32" was a typo?! I had planned to email Britax about it but then decided not to - but I think I will now as this is starting to confuse me! I'll keep you all posted on what I find out!

Stay tuned...
    Susan
    ~~~
    Susan
    DD 08-2005
    Impatiently awaiting adoption match!
    Cure FOP - www.ifopa.org
    ~~~

Now I have to go out and look at my MA when there is some light. It was made in Feb/March 2005.

When I got it, Britax talked about and had on their FAQ that it could be used rf until the tips of the ears were over the seat back. Although, I think most people were more comfortable using it until the head was even with the shell.

So if the MA says 32", what does the RA say? So in my way of thinking if 32" is the limit for the shorter RA, the MA must then have some wiggle room. Although I am usually a big rule follower, This 32" thing is one that even I'd let slide. I still would rather use the 1" rule or even the head level the shell. If it were truly a danger to have kids over 32" rf wouldn't TC issue a statement of some kind and make it retro-active? I think that they think we aren't smart enough to follow a bunch of different seat instructions. So if they make them all the same, we may have a better chance getting it right.

And so ends Insomnia induced rant :P

Okay My MA (Feb. 2005) says 33lbs and 37"

The MA on display at TRU (Nov. 2005) says 30lbs and 32"

hipmaman is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

So it looks like some seats manufacture sometimes in 2005 actually had the 32" height limit. Hmmm, curious. I wonder if this is the TC thing or Britax mistake.

Tam
    Certified Canadian Child Restraint Safety Technician and Instructor

Oops I did it again. My seat was made in Feb. 2005. not '06

I'll go back and change that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2