Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    momof2boys Guest

Default RE: The Radians are here!

Ok this thread is GREAT!!!! I'm trying so hard to figure out which seat I need for my son who is a tall 3.5 year old!!! I will hold out a little longer on the Radian purchase as I really want to know the height of the APEX.
    Thanks for the info ladies!

Default My thoughts

I think the Apex straps are a little higher than the Radian - no more than .5" if memory serves.

Even though the Radian might have slightly less height in the harness, it is a much better choice in my opinion:

* The Apex seems rather flimsy - especially the headrest (in fact the Apex can only be used on vehicle seats that have adjustable headrests because there is NO support/strength in the head rest)

* The Radian is a solid seat - made with steel. Its heavy and when installed it doesn't budge.

* LOVE the fact that the Radian can be tethered RF. I plan on DD being RF until she reaches the limit of the seat (at her rate she'll likely be 5!!), and all research indicates when RF the larger child, tethering increases safety.

* The Apex is HUGE - not a problem on my van's captain's chair but if I installed it on the rear-bench there would only be room for one other carseat/person to sit)

* The Radian has a low profile, and makes it easier for DS to get in and out himself - I don't have to lift him up.

I truly hope that DS can get through the next 3 years ( he just turned 3) in the Radian. Hopefully by then there will be more choice - i.e. Britax Regent in Canada.

Natalie

Default The Car Seat Database

Here is a link to the car seat database. The measurements for the Apex are listed here.

http://www.carseatdata.org/measurements.php?tun=home

Natalie

hipmaman is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Top Slot Height

So it's a tad lower than the Marathon? I thought maybe the Radian would have more than 17.5".
    Tam
    Certified Canadian Child Restraint Safety Technician and Instructor

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

You know, I think I'm gonna haul DD out to Canadian Tire and take a photo of her sitting in the Radian, haul her to SEars and do the same with the Apex, and another of her sitting in her MA. That seems to be the only way to figure out the top slot height. I've heard such conflicting things -- Radian is the highest in Canada, Apex is, MA is.

So confusing!

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

http://bd.lilypie.com/SasRm7.png

hipmaman is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Pictures are good, but measurement is better when taken by one person so that you know where to start and to stop measuring. It's confusing so far because all these measurements have been reported by different people. Also when taking measurements or pictures, can you do me a favour by see/note the actual slots and not just the fabric slots where they can be pulled down when the child sits in the seat.

Thanks.
    Tam
    Certified Canadian Child Restraint Safety Technician and Instructor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2