Kpeters Guest

Default CRIBS2GO.COM really sucks!!!

OK, I realize I am pregnant and very hormonal but I had to find somewhere to warn others about Cribs2Go.com. I tried ordering a crib from them and have been nothing but upset.
    The crib I wanted was backordered until Oct. (we are due late Nov) but I really liked it and the price was great (free shipping, no tax, sounded wonderful!) so I ordered it 6/18. Everything seemed to be fine until we got our credit card bill. The statment showed the bill against our card on 6/18 and then a credit for same amount 7/3. I was concerned that the order had been cancelled so I tried to call the customer service people. No luck. You don't even get a real person EVER! You end up having to leave a message or send an email. Let me tell you I had no trouble getting a live person when I wanted to order from them and spend my money there! So, I left a message and sent an email to see what was going on with this order. No answer. I tried again after 48 hours. No answer. By this point I have read on their website that the crib I want is no longer being made in white. So, is my order valid any more? Didn't want it if I couldn't get it in white. I tried two more times, unsuccessful in reaching anyone or getting a response.
    So, I decided to cut my losses and cancel the order. I never could get a real person to talk to but the customer service line had a message center to cancel your order. Do I have proof now that I did it? Not really. I followed up with an email to customer service and asked for confirmation but never got a reply.
    I then sent them a nasty email (once again) to their comments address. You know, they said all over their website how valuable my time was to them. What a joke! I have spent more time trying to contact them than I care to think about much less the time I have been worrying over this. Don't they know not to mess with a hormonal pregnant woman?
    But now, what to do about proof of a cancelled order. I don't want to get this crib 4 months from now and be up a creek. Any suggestions how to proceed? I tried every option on their phone line to get a person to talk to and never once succeeded. Maybe they are out of business?
    Any help would be appreciated but mostly importantly, please don't use this company. They suck!
    Thanks,
    Katherine

rainanoelle Guest

Default RE: CRIBS2GO.COM really sucks!!!

I don't know if you can do this or not, but I was wondering if you could contact your credit card company and do the equivalent of a "stop check" on a charge in that amount from that company...? I've never had to do it, but it might be worth trying if you are concerned about whether the cancellation actually went through. At the very least the credit card company may be able to give you some other options that would work.

I am sorry you had such a rough time!! We've not bought our crib yet and we're due Nov. 13th, but at this point I think we're going to probably buy a Babi Italia at BRU. I probably *should* call them and make sure we'll be able to pick *it* up when we want to also! Good luck to you in your crib-hunt!

Raina

Kpeters Guest

Raina, Since the charge was against the card then credited back, I am not going to contact the credit card people unless it shows back up this month. I am going to send them a registered letter so I will have proof of cancellation because I still haven't heard back from them (what a horrible company! You'd think they'd care that I was going to smear their company anywhere I possibly could!)
    On another note, I would advise you to go ahead and order your crib soon. I did end up ordering a Pali crib from another company and it is not going to be to my until early October. Since I am due Dec 2 that is not a big deal but you never know about delays. Maybe you will have better luck in getting something sooner! Good luck and thanks for your response.
    Katherine

rainanoelle Guest

Thanks for the info. =) We aren't *too* concerned about ordering terribly early, since we are getting a Pack-N-Play 5-way and will be using its bassinet in our bedroom for the first couple of months. I *do* want to be sure we can get what we want though, and may start bugging my husband to move on a crib soon. ;)

Good idea sending the registered letter, btw. Hopefully you're done with that silly company and they won't bother you anymore. Thanks for posting with the info on them!

Raina

Kpeters Guest

Just an update: Cribs2Go apparently went bankrupt and is out of business. I would not try to order anything from them.
    The manufacturer of a crib I had tried to order and then cancelled the order (or so I thought) contacted me today wanting to ask me questions about Cribs2Go. I forwarded them every email I'd sent to Cribs2Go and told them I'd help with anything I could do to get their money for outstanding orders. And I did confirm that I was not going to have to pay for the crib I had ordered from them.
    Thank goodness a bad company is now out of business so other pregnant women won't have to suffer!
    Katherine