Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Not Happy w/ USA Baby

DH went to USA Baby yesterday to pick up our crib and hi/low dresser. It was not a good situation.

First of all MIL got us these as gifts and it was a hassle to order through the phone and they misspelled both my first and last name so whenever we called USA Baby they couldn't find us in the computer! Aaargh!

When DH arrived at USA Baby store they informed him that he had to go to warehouse to pick up items (why didn't they tell him this on the phone or when we were in the store). After arriving at warehouse they saw that the hi/low dresser was broken with a huge crack. Again, why don't they check this beforehand? Of course they don't have any other dressers there so now we have to wait again for them to come in. Further aggrevation, the manager who makes decisions was not working yesterday. What a pain.

They did offer to deliver the dresser to us when it gets in. This is the least that they could do!

I guess the moral of this story is when the store calls you and tells you that the furniture is ready that you ask them to check the furniture to make sure it isn't damaged.

Sonia
    EDD 4/14/03
    Sonia, who is eagerly awaiting the magic laundry fairy to visit me
    Mommy to M girls

kathsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Not Happy w/ USA Baby

Sonia,

I am so sorry to hear that you have had to deal with all this stuff. I agree - they need to check these things out beforehand and call you so you don't waste your time coming down there only to have to leave empty-handed.

I have heard good things about USA Baby stores. There is one in my area, but on the other side of town, which is a 40 mile drive for me. I called them when I was pregnant with DS to ask if they carried Combi diaper bags. They said yes, so I made DH and DD take me there (and they are not too fond of baby shopping). We arrived and were there looking around for the diaper bags and no one helped us. They were all too busy at the front desk talking. A couple of the employees were helping customers who were making "big ticket" purchases. When we left the store, no one said a word to us. Needless to say, I will not visit that particular store again!

Toni - mom to Katherine (5/19/96) and Andrew (9/23/02)

mama2be Guest

Sonia,

Just because you are in Raleigh I know which store you are talking about...I have found them to have signs out the "ying yang" how they match prices their customer service is the best etc... etc... they post it everywhere and I remind them of this everytime I have a problem...

Well I too have had "non streamlined" customer support from them. I find their staff to be almost asleep BUT the two managers in there (I think MIke) and another guy will bend over backwards if they know you are unhappy.

Make certian they know you are not happy and I bet they'll help you...
    go to them and stress your dissatisfaction...

I just wanted to add that we opened our crib this afternoon and there is a crack on the drop-side. AAAHHH. DH is very angry. USA Baby rep said that they'll try to get it right the second time. Uhm, I think it should be right the first time so we don't have to go through this. Hello, I'm on a time schedule here.

Neve, I'll have him talk to Mike and see if this helps any.

I just hope that it doesn't take 4-6 weeks to get replacement pieces to see that they are damaged as well.

Sonia
    EDD 4/14/03
    Mommy to M girls

mama2be Guest

Insist that it be there instantly!!!!
    and Insist that they deliver it to you...

I wold remind Mike that you are on message boards and that if you are not happy you'll make certain everyone knows (I told him this when one of his workers wouldn't amke a phone call for me to get a price quote for a special order item). Mind you thier little signs all over the place tell you they'll make calls etc etc...

Keep me posted!!!

nigele is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Neve is right - talk to Mike. He is the only one I will deal with. And stand your ground, as Neve suggested. You shouldn't have problems to begin with but they should do everything possible to keep you happy.

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

You might want to just bypass the USA Baby person and go straight to the manufacturer - that's what we did when we discovered a crack in the stationary side of our crib (during assembly). They shipped a replacement out to us and we had it in about 5 days (even though the crib took 8-9 weeks to receive).

Lori & Colin 9/28/02
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

flagger Guest

>You might want to just bypass the USA Baby person and go
    >straight to the manufacturer - that's what we did when we
    >discovered a crack in the stationary side of our crib
    >(during assembly). They shipped a replacement out to us and
    >we had it in about 5 days (even though the crib took 8-9
    >weeks to receive).

That is what I tried to do with Sorelle. However because of the size of the stationary side (convertible crib), it has to be freighted directly to the store. Called on Friday for an update and haven't received a call back. Of course the guy who orders from the Mfrs is off today. Grrrr.

Still have time before DD is due so I am not panicked yet. Though Ms. Flagger is anxious to get the crib dressed.

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Flagger - that's odd, because Sorelle shipped the replacement stationary side of the crib directly to us. Maybe they have changed their policies since July/August, when we had our problem.

Lori & Colin 9/28/02
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

UPDATE:

Sorelle is going to send us the side rail directly by Friday via UPS. Even better USA Baby called the manufacturer so we did not have to call them ourseles.

USA Baby is letting us know when the dresser is coming in. It's a Pilliod (sp?) and the manufacturer's computers are down. However they are delivering the dresser to us and giving us a 25% discount on the dresser (techinically is a refund).

So I'm a satisfied customer now. Let's just keep our fingers crossed that the new furniture will come in fine.

Sonia
    EDD 4/14/03
    Mommy to M girls

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast