Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    phoeman Guest

Default RE: Will DH do the right thing this time?

One thing I hate about message boards is that it is hard to tell meaning in the written word, how you say something is just as important as what you say. If you are in a bad mood when you read a post you may misread that persons intent, even though you read there words. Ok back to my post,

#1 - I DID get DH a card. (just like I did when we moved into our new house, adopted our cats, and every now and then just for fun I send one to his office)
    1. That’s nice sounds like you like to buy cards and are very thoughtful, most of us guys don’t like to buy cards.

#2 - just as many emotional issues? um, I don't think so. I know that hormones are an enigma to most men, but I think it would be safer for you to not even pretend like the emotional issues are equal.
    2. I never said they were the same, we have our own issues to deal with plus try and pretend that you guys are not driving us nuts too ( that was a joke )

#3 - "Get the physical pain"? You make it sound like a privelege.
    3. Was not meant to, pain suxs, I truley feel sorry for the amount of pain you ladies go thru.

I guess I just don’t understand how someone could say that the birth of there child was marred because they didn’t get a present, but hey that is why men are different from women, not better not worse just different, I am sure my DW things I go nuts ever Sunday watching sports.

aguinn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Might not be very popular of me to say, but... why not go out and get yourself something nice? Why rely on someone else? Granted, he is the father of your children, but maybe he helps out in other ways (without having to be asked) or does things for your children that you find especially endearing. Those are more precious gifts, and will provide more special memories, than anything material!

Due 7/22/03 - It's a wee boy!

sweetbasil Guest

For the birth of DS#1, DH got me a "Mommy Bracelet"--- something I'd REALLY been wanting. So maybe this time around, he'll upgrade it, add DS#2s name, and whatever else hits him at the time....we'll see. Best of luck on this one, elvisfan!

bcblue Guest

I had no idea that giving a gift after birth was a "thing to do". But, my DH who is an OB/GYN told me a few years ago that he often tells new dads to get their wives a little something (ie: diamond earings) for after delivery. I think most men really have no clue.(I don't mean that in a bad way, they just don't know.) If it is that important, maybe someone can "suggest" a gift.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4