Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    C99 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: Motherhood Maternity's return policy - why?

Fields carries Mimi Maternity at the State St. store -- do they carry other brands as well?
    Caroline, mama to DS 01/03, DD 05/05, DS 04/07
    http://littleshoulders.blogspot.com
    "Now that you're here, the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear. UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." -- Dr. Seuss

I don't think so...I think State St. Fields just has Mimi. And beware that other Fields stores do not have maternity--at least neither Woodfield, Water Tower nor Old Orchard has maternity...(I did a lot of looking while pg...)

good luck.

Becky
    mama to Stella 2-21-03

C99 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

yeah, neither do Oakbrook and Fox Valley.
    Caroline, mama to DS 01/03, DD 05/05, DS 04/07
    http://littleshoulders.blogspot.com
    "Now that you're here, the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear. UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." -- Dr. Seuss

Wheelsmck66 Guest

Yes, I agree. Motherhood Maternity has a very bad return policy. Not only that but their clothes aren't very good quality.
    I got some things from there and they began to fall apart after the first wash. My best clothes have come from Old Navy.com and Gap.com. In my area you can't buy maternity clothes from old navy and gap stores but if you get their maternity clothes on line and find you have a problem with them you can take them back to the regular retail stores...no questions asked. I've also had good luck with Target.

KMK

Bearhut Guest

Hi -

This is my first post. I'm actually a memeber of a pregnancy loss group and have heard through others that returns at Motherhood, Mimi's and A Pea in the Pod are possible if you lose the baby. I'm not sure what/if any "proof" you must have, but if you lose a pregnancy (and can stand to walk through the doors of a maternity store), it's worth a try.

Good luck with the shopping.

Heather

Welcome, Heather. I'm so sorry for your loss. If there's anything we can do to help you, please let us know.
    Mommy to Justin (13 years) & Ashlyn (8 years)

Rachels is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Just wanted to second that. We're glad you're here and would love to support you any way we can.

-Rachel
    Mom to Abigail Rose
    5/18/02
    Rachel

Mama to Abby (5) and Ethan (2)

When you know better, you do better.
    -Maya Angelou

Bearhut Guest

Thanks for the support. Actually we've lost four, including this little one's twin, so it's been a difficult few years. Thankfully, we are firmly into second tri-mester and are hoping for better results.

It's really strange to start to shop for cribs and the like.

Heather

Joyce6830 Guest

The last poster is correct. If you lose the baby they will take the clothes back. I don't think you have to take them any "proof". I guess they think if you go in there and tell them that then it must be true. It would take a pretty low person to go in and lie about that!

There return policy is the way it is because they had lots of people buying clothes, wearing them, leaving the tags on and then returning them. Like if you need a nice dress for one occassion, people would just wear it with the tag on somehow and then return it when they were finished with it.

jojo2324 Guest

Heather, I am so sorry for your loss. Know that you and your little one are in my thoughts. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2