Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mcmorfit Guest

Default RE: I'm barely surviving.

Rachel,

I hope Abigail is getting better and you have been able to study the inside of your eyelids.

newbelly2002 Guest

You poor dear. Sorry I haven't responded earlier, not much computer time around here of late. Instead it's been a whole lot of upset wakefulness. After months of saying "he's teething," I can finally FEEL teeth on the bottom. And clearly, from the amount of screaming and sleepless nights (and mornings), so can Dante.

I do hope the medicine/time has helped, and that both you and Abby are feeling--and sleeping--better real soon.

Yawn.
    Paula

Rachel, you've probably already tried these things, but, FWIW...It might help for her to fall asleep in an upright position. If she is able to fall asleep in a swing, perhaps you could allow her to fall asleep there, and then carefully transfer her to her crib. Another thing that helps when Joseph is congested is to hold him vertically in my lap, with his head on my shoulder, and rock in the glider until he falls asleep, then VERY carefully transfer him to the crib. Sometimes it works better to stand and sway than to sit and rock. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!

Helene
    mommy to Joseph 12/29/01

Rachels is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Karen, acidophilus helps replace the normal, necessary intestinal flora that antibiotics wipe out. You can get it at health food stores. Find one that's refrigerated. Kate, I don't know much about the different strains. The one that was recommended for Abigail is an L. acidophilus / bifidus combo.

-Rachel
    Mom to Abigail Rose
    5/18/02
    Rachel

Mama to Abby (5) and Ethan (2)

When you know better, you do better.
    -Maya Angelou

Kate888 Guest

I hope Abigail and you feel better soon. Maya also came down with a stomach bug (a nasty one). So I'm joining you in the sleepless club.

Hang in there!!

Kate
    Mama to Maya 2-17-02

COElizabeth Guest

I suppose this varies child to child and case to case, but my sister's kids have always seemed dramatically better and in an almost normal mood within about 24 hours of starting antibiotics for ear infections (still congested, but happy). If Abigail has been taking them a few days and doesn't seem much better, I would revisit the doctor and see if they can see any improvement. If not, a different drug might be called for. I hope you are both able to get more sleep soon!

Elizabeth
    Mom to James
    9-20-02

mamahill Guest

Oh my gosh - Rachel, I just saw this (desperately playing catch-up) and hope that you and Abby are feeling better. Ugh, that sounds horrible. You and Abby deserve a nice long stretch of no illnesses or allergies (food and otherwise!). Is there someone who can come over and watch Abby while you get some rest? Take care. Thinking of you and hoping you're better...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2