Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    gravymommy3 Guest

Default RE: Men are such WIMPS!!!

OMG! Change the names, add a three yo to the mix, and that is the same scene that went down at my house! I wanted to kill mine!!! There is a reason that men don't have babies!

mama2be Guest

Nita,

Interesting what you say about your father...mine is the same way!!!
    In fact when my midwife went down a bunch of family history questions while I was pregnant I couldn't answer them all because seriously neither of my parents complain about being ill-which I think makes them appear younger. I complain about every pain and so does my DH...I am tying to catch myself lately since making that remark to my midwife.

Just wanted to say that DH came in here while reading this and said "I better not do anything, I don't want to end up on these boards!" LOL.

Sonia
    Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03
    Sonia, who is eagerly awaiting the magic laundry fairy to visit me
    Mommy to M girls

mamahill Guest

Oh my gosh, GUESS who is in bed RIGHT now, not feeling well?!?! I'll give you a hint: my computer is NOT bedside.

Ah well, this should be interesting. I told him I was sorry he didn't feel "well" but that I have a lot of things to do today, so I'll be making noise. Ah, cookies are finished - gots to go get them out of the oven! (heehee, that will make him "feel" better in no time, I'm sure!)

nigele is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Sarah,

You have my sympathies - taking care of one baby is hard enough. Hee, hee.

I hope poor, sick Joel gets better soon!

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I feel like I should say some men aren't wimps all the time. My husband was getting a cold at the beginning of a work week and he came home and didn't want to hold the baby or help me because he didn't want to make the baby sick. I pointed out that I was going to have to take care of our DS if I was sick, and I didn't want to be doing all the care for 24 hours a day for a week then get sick and still care for him. I assured him if he kept his hands washed that would protect the baby. He spent the next three days carrying around a bottle of hand sanitizer and helped out. Then Friday rolled around and I was supposed to go out for my first "girls night out" since the baby was born. I offered to cancel since he was sick, but he insisted I go because I "really needed some time out." He had a lousy evening, but he never complained. I suspect that it helps that he was raised for much of his life by a single mom.

Jeanne
    Mom to Harvey
    1/16/03

mama2be Guest

OH my!!! If this does not hit home right now...all last week I batteled a cold,sniffed, sneezed honked the whole week...now Steve has it and has diagnosed himself (NOT in the medical field) with SARS. Every hour he says as if it's his last words, "I think I have SARS"...all I can think is "Hmmm...you never even mentioned SARS when I was sick last week"..."But I'm more sick than you were" he says...HMMM....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2