Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    gravymommy3 Guest

Default RE: My MIL is such an IDIOT!!!!

And another good thing about her being in FL is I told her we absolutely could not afford Long Distance calls, so if she wants to call the kids, it is on her dime (and I have caller ID so if I don't want to deal with her, I don't answer!!!!!) HA! HA!

liya Guest

same here....lol......i just dont pick up the phone jejeje...its really funny cause she calls all the numbers we have my husb cel my cel and then my home....gosh she is soooooo dammmmmnnnn persistant anyhow i havent gone to see her this week she probably be b@#@$#ing about that nonestop come and think of it i havent gone to see her for 2 wks now....thank the lord...she expects me to go alone without my husband..hummm never going to happen im like a time bomb and alone i could go off...lol....ill let you know when i need to vent....the invitation is mutual.....lol

hope things are going better though

ddmarsh Guest

My IL's have taken to talking about themselves as if they are 95 (they're about 61 and 65) and recently FIL was laying a guilt trip on DH about how they don't want any conflict b/c they won't be around for very long. Sheesh, that would be nice not to have any conflict so QUIT ACTING LIKE SUCH IDIOTS AND CREATING SUCH CONFLICT!!! It just disgusts me when they refer to anything medically b/c they have virtually no medical problems and when DH had a brain tumor a couple of years ago there we were young and with a young family, DH had to have surgery and what did they do - left the country for a vacation, never called or even sent a card. So sorry, I just don't have any interest in paying any attention to any medical problems they may be having.

Wow, that felt great, thanks for bringing up this topic, LOL!

Debbie

Amy:

I hear you. I frequently look at DH and say to him "how could you come from her?" Don't we all wonder that?

MIL used to b*tch about all of her aches and pains too. In Dec. she had gastric bypass surgery done. She called me afterwards to tell me that she was both angry at me and DH for not calling her enough and not caring enough about her after her major surgery. Whatever! Now we hear all about her weight loss and she's like the authority of weight loss now. Oy! ***Happy Place, , ,Happy Place***.

Fortunately she lives 8 hours away. Unfortunately she calls every other day. Hooray for Caller ID. She's retiring in January. I hope she isn't going to use the oppourtunity for LONG visits with her granddaughter who she can't see as often as her other children b/c we had the audacity to move to NC.

Hang in there. Vent all you want. You can have 3 chapters in the "If you want to be a MIL please do not do the following" book.

Sonia

Sonia
    Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03
    http://www.mcdyer.com/MartieSurasky.htm
    Sonia, who is eagerly awaiting the magic laundry fairy to visit me
    Mommy to M girls

blnony Guest

I think they take a class in how to drive you crazy. We haven't slept around here in a week (four teeth at once); and my MIL calls at 7 am this morning to tell me she and my FIL will be here for lunch today. Thanks for inviting yourself. Thats what I want to do when I finally get my child to sleep this morning (we've been up since 4:30 am) is clean and entertain. What the H#&&! (I am like the walking dead I'm so tired. Not to mention, my DH isn't even here. He's off on a business trip. Its the only thing that bugs me about moving back home; they just invite themselves over whenever they want. It would be different if we hadn't seen them every weekend for six weeks (except one b/c my mom came to visit and help out.) I feel like Debra on Everyone Loves Raymond, enough already. :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2