Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Philadelphia, PA, USA.

    Default Overdue TESTS advise needed

    Tomorrow I have my weekly Dr appt. I was due on Sunday. I am told I most likely will need to do a ultrasound to check fluid levels, and maybe some "tests" (stress test I assume.) Any tips and hints for the tests or questions I should ask? If offered to be induced sooner rather than later should I take them up on the offer or wait it out a bit? I have had a healthy pregnancy and am not considered high risk at all.

    They say you follow your Mother's schedule. I was conceived on our around 9/12 and was born 6/15 (honeymoon baby.) My brother was 2 weeks early. Why am I late??????

    Anxious to meet this hiccuping baby!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2003

    Default RE: Overdue TESTS advise needed

    Please don't agree to an induction unless it's medically necessary.

    mommy to Joseph 12/29/01

  3. #3
    bnme is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Long Island, NY.

    Default RE: Overdue TESTS advise needed

    I was 9 days late. My Dr doesn't induce untill at least 2 weeks. I went into labor on a Thursday and my next appt, had I not delivered yet, wasn't until Tuesday (15 days past edd). I guess every OB is different.

    I had the sono to check fluid -just a regular sono where they measure the fluid amts on the screen. They also hook you up to a machine to monitor for contractions and heart rate-same as in the hospital.

    Hang in there!!

    edited to add -BTW my Mom was always early!! I figured I would be too, so by my estimation I was 4 wks late (I was expecting baby to arrive early!)

    Mom to JT 1/03 and TJ 8/04

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Ohio, United States.

    Default RE: Overdue TESTS advise needed

    Well, I was 13 days late. DS was born on the day that I was scheduled to be induced but he came on his own. I had several stress tests. My problem was that DS was always sleeping during the tests so we were there a long time. So, if you know there is a time of day that the baby is active, I would try to schedule the appointment/stress test then. Also, if they are having trouble recording enough movements, try drinking a glass of cold water. This helped once. As far as the induction goes, I would ask why a certain date is being suggested (i.e. the baby is very large, the doctor is on call, policy to induce at 2 weeks late or whatever). Then, hopefully you'll be able to decide whether an induction is necessary. I must confess that I was getting nervous about the induction as it approached. I was pleased that DS decided to start making his entrance before the induction started. So, personally, I would wait for nature to take its course unless there's a good reason not to.
    Mommy to Justin (13 years) & Ashlyn (8 years)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts