Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    jenmcadams is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Health Insurance! AAAAAAHHHHGGGHH!

Roxann -

Neve might be able to betetr answer this, but my dad was USAF and I qualify for USAA for home owner's insurance and car insurance. It is a great company and we have always found that the rates are competitive and the service is better than any other insurance company we've worked with. I'm not familar with their health plans, but my guess is that you'd qualify given both parents were military.

website is www.usaa.com

Jen
    Mom to a DD (8/02) and a DS (6/05)

Raidra is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Health Insurance! AAAAAAHHHHGGGHH!

Have you called any local hospitals for help? I work for a hospital in Massachusetts and we have a financial counseling office. They have tons of info not only on things like Medicaid, but several different low cost insurances, some that cover families and some that cover just children. There is also something called Free Care in Massachusetts where, through either medical or financial hardship, all medical expenses at a hospital can be covered. I'm not sure if that's something that all states have.

Anyway, I'd try calling a local hospital (non-profit would be better than a private hospital) and asking for a financial counseling office. It's in a hospital's best interest to get everyone insured one way or another, so they usually have GREAT info on what's available.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3