Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    blnony Guest

Default I Hate Peg Perego and Their Fabric Person!!

This is strictly a bitching post: it is only peripherally relatated to strollers.
    I have bought (online) two (2) Peg Perego P3 Classica Strollers and they are the most hideous fabrics on a stroller I've ever seen. I hate the idea of paying $250.00 for a stroller that the fabric feels so cheap and scratchy. As much as I disliked my Venezia, at the fabric was nice, esp. after what it cost. Heck, I've seen Gracos with better fabric.
    I know many have them and love them, but I'm fed up. I like the stroller itself, I wish I could walk into a store my little hick town and see them IRL before having to buy it and wait a week to see it, then have to sell it, lug it to the shipping store, and go through the entire process again.
    In the effort to simiplify, (that should have alerted me that this wasn't going to work!:)) I sold all my strollers to buy this one, I now have no stroller, a heavy baby that can't walk, and if I have to be stuck with the latest one, I'll scream!
    Who is the person that makes a decision about these fabrics? I think they have a real problem.
    I know this isn't a big deal to many, but I am soooo mad about this. I just don't want to repeat this fiasco again. Twice is enough. :(

momathome is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: I Hate Peg Perego and Their Fabric Person!!

I am sorry you are having a bad Peg experience. Out of curiosity, waht fabrics did you order that you did not like? I just received my P3 in Metallica and while it is not the softest fabric in the world, it is not bad. I agree this is a frustrating company at times to deal with - I can't believe how long it takes for the company to ship there strollers - I was quoted 10-12 weeks for the Synergy fabric from one website - this is why I decided to go with the Metallica, which they had instock. I really hope you find a fabric you like. I'm pretty sure Baby Depot has the P3 in Chesapeake and that is supposed to be a pretty soft fabric. Good luck!
    -Lauren

blnony Guest

First, I had the Bella Vista. And looking back, I liked the feel much better than the Metalica which what I have now. I thought the blue part of BV was really rough, and so I got the Metalica. I was just really disappointed with it. I thought the red part would be the soft cottony fabric like the tan was on the BV, but its that hard poplin like cotton. I still can't decide rather to keep it or try to sell it. I haven't used at all. I hate to buy a new one, and make an even bigger mistake! :) I like the color of the Metalica, I just don't like the feel of it. And I agree with their shipping, I hate to go through all this again and wait and wait. ARGGGGG!

Brianna-
    I have only had my Metallica P3 since Saturday but so far, Kasey (2 1/2 years old) has seemed very comfy in it - she has even fallen asleep in it. No, I don't understand why any stroller would have padding that feels even remotely rough but this one seems to be comfy enough. Good luck!
    -Lauren

nathansmom Guest

Brianna-
    I'm sorry you didn't like the Metallica fabric. I think I told you I didn't think it was scratchy. I really don't think Nathan notices the fabric. I agree its slightly rough and not as soft as it could be but Nathan never seems to be bothered by it. Maybe you should let Audrey sit in it and see if she fusses.

liya Guest

i HATE MY PEG PEREGO!!!!! The fabric is so cheap the basket at the bottom broke because those crapy straw type things that mold it shot out!!! Im never buying this stroller again...i sent it to fix and their CS was lauzy im thinking of selling it!!! Seriously i like the gracos more than i like the PEGs...no offense....Its like a cheap stroller(except for the tires ofcourse) for too much cash!!

blnony Guest

Norah-
    I was just surprised by how "rough" it was compared to my Venezia fabric and the Bella Vista. I love the color of it though. If it was just the smoother, more soft fabric like the others it would be the perfect stroller. (But then again that would kill the myth!) :D I wouldn't have a quest left!! :)
    But seriously, I think I'll probably keep it. I'm just too tired to fight with it anymore. I wish I would have just ordered the Chesapeake, but I thought, I already had a Venezia in that fabric and I wanted something new. I'm just afraid if I order another one, I might make an even bigger mistake.

nathansmom Guest

Brianna-
    I haven't touched any of the other fabrics so I guess I wasn't much help. I hope you'll get use to it, it stands out and I get lots of compliments and questions about it.

Brianna,
    I saw in the stroller forum that you tested out your P3 Metallica and seemed to like it - I am happy to hear you are pleased with your purchase! You are right, they could make the material a little softer than they do, but overall, this is a fabulous stroller and I am in love with mine! I am literally trying to come up with places to go to just to give it a whirl! (Yeah, pathetic, I know...)
    -Lauren

Lori in NJ Guest

I'm sorry you've been SO disappointed w/the P3 fabrics, if you do have to stick with it, have you tried the Black Sable?? (black & silver), it's velvety & silky--I love it!!! Also, I would definitely recommend making your next stroller purchase from Marilyn at www.arunningstroller.com she was SO helpful & was familiar with SO much that she made buying a breeze and saved me about $35 on the P3 compared to what I would've spent at Babies R Us w/tax & everything...

Good luck--HTH!
    Lori

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast