Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    nigele is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: I think this forum is my new home!

Oh, Beth - you poor thing! All of your dependants need to give you a break!!

I hope your day got better...

JustMare Guest

Beth I had that dizziness and lightheaded feeling the other day. I think I'm not eating enough protein. I'm not eating correctly lately. I'm so sick to my stomach that crackers, toast and soup is all I can get down. I noticed after I ate a piece of cheese, the dizziness went away. But it's a normal sign.

Signs of an etopic pregnancy are SHARP SEVERE pains on one side of your stomach. Maybe you should consider switching doctors for frightening you with something so harsh like that. A sonogram will relax you and put your mind at ease. Plus now they have such cute picture frames for the sonogram pictures. We picked one up from BuyBuyBaby that says "An Image of an Angel". :)

It's a good thing you got into the doctor now, to have you wait until the end of July was far to long! :)

Feel better! (((HUGS)))

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

The OB was actually trying to be very reassuring. They are a very "high tech, cutting edge" practice and have a very cautious philosophy. I was actually sort of happy to have an excuse for an early sono, since otherwise I wouldn't have one until much later! :)

My regular OB appointment isn't until July 9th. But they squeezed me in today and drew the labs, since I would be having them in two more weeks anyway. The OB also did a pelvic and I had no pain, so they are virtually positive its not ectopic, but like I say, they are very cautious.

And I have found that my dizziness has NO relationship to what or how I eat. I'm eating so much protein I think I'm on the Atkins diet! (Just kidding). But like clockwork, it has been from 10 am to 6 pm both days. Weird.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Beth I had low blood pressure my entire pregnancy and it sounds like your dizziness is just that. I found that I could not stand still or it would be worse and I would break out into a cold sweat, so I would just shake/wiggle my legs (with feet planted firmly) when I needed to stand still and that helped tremendously with the dizziness.

I hope you feel better and btw have some coffee!!!!!
    Mom to R and R

ginalc Guest

Hi Beth,

Yep, I 2nd the vote for frequent protein. My pregnancies left me feeling dizzy and faint until a midwife shared the "protein every 2-3 hours diet" with me. Doesn't have to be much, just eat protein frequently throughout the day. Complex carbs also help to maintain sugar levels and give you longer lasting energy (think fruit).

I think you deserve dinner and a movie with DH when he returns! :)

gina, mom to 3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2