Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    alkagift is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: I just wanted to shake her!!!

This thread reminds me of what a co-worker told me about her breastfeeding experience back in 1980 with her first (and only) daughter:

"When I was breastfeeding, I had a glass of wine in one hand and a cigarette in the other...and I tried not to flick ash on the baby!"

Another good quote from my OB when I told him I was pregnant and we discussed how I might avoid unpasteurized dairy during my trip to Italy: He gave me a funny look and said, "Don't you think all those Italian pregnant women eat CHEESE?" He then proceeded to rail against modern pregnant woman phobias (he's only 45 himself).

Ah, live and learn.

Allison
    Mom to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

farsk Guest

Paula,

I couldn't agree more! I can count on one hand the half glasses of wine I had while I was pregnant, but none of those came in restaurants in the U.S. My husband and I went to Scotland on vacation while I was pregnant and I had a glass of wine with dinner on two occasions....I think they are less uptight in Europe. But I would never order wine while obviously pregnant in the U.S. Why are we as a culture not doing a better job of educating the public on the health benefits of wine? I live in the Bible Belt...but people around here seem to forget...Jesus drank wine after all!

Just my two cents.
    Interesting post!

-Shannon
    Mom to Ellen 7/23/2003

cara1 Guest

Jesus was never pregnant.

Vajrastorm Guest

*giggle*

That one got me :D

StaceyKim Guest

Smoking cigarettes while pregnant!?!?!?! That is disgusting and I feel sorry for this unborn child. There otta be a law.....
    Coffee in moderation is okay. I mean caffeine is already in SO MANY foods that we eat.....chocolate!!! YUM.
    I personally would NOT drink any alcohol while I was pregnant because it just wasn't worth the risk. I don't love to drink anyhow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2