Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Default RE: My Psycho Mother from Hell and Why We Didn't Go to LA (LONG! REALLY LONG!)

Well, I've had a LOT of practice dealing with them on the Catholic issue (Steve and I were married in the church, so I'm sure you can imagine how THAT went over!). Honestly, what worked best was that DH and I were a total united front on the issue - it was very important to me that Aidan be baptised, so it was therefore important to DH. Whenever his parents would say something, he would be the one to step in and tell them that this is how WE are choosing to raise OUR child. It even came down to putting our foot down - that their support was not necessary for us, but we would like it, and if they could not do that, then they did not need to attend. DH is an only child (so Aidan is the only grandchild), so they decided that they would rather have a relationship with their grandson than argue with us about bring him up Catholic. Don't know if that really helps...

Jennifer
    Mom to Aidan Christopher 01/28/03
    Jennifer
    Momma to Aidan 01/03
    New addition coming 10/08

mharling Guest

Default RE: My Psycho Mother from Hell and Why We Didn't Go to LA (LONG! REALLY LONG!)

If we had known more about your mother when you posted your 'should I go to LA' question', I think the answer would have been a resounding NO!!!

This behavior completely blows my mind and I am so sorry. You obviously know what your dd needs in terms of sleep, food, etc and the fact that she completely disregarded what you said shows a HUGE lack of respect for you as a parent. Unbelievable.

Glad you took some time for pampering and wore your little black dress sans girdle. :)

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
    http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=...21b3237413c427 - New 6/18

StaceyKim Guest

your mom has some serious issues. sorry you had to go through that! ignore her hurtful words and be glad she doesn't live in the same state!

p.s. you could write a book with this story!

barbarhow Guest

Oh my Goodness!!!! I don't know whether to laugh or cry for you. A little of both is in order I think. I am so sorry for all she put you through. You make me feel better though-I always think my mother is the craziest on earth- but at the least I think our mothers are related!
    My mother once bought me a girdle-I was 22 and going to a black tie affair at Maxim's in NY and by the time she got done with me I was so insecure that I could barely leave the bathroom. I was maybe 10 lbs overweight. Unsightly by her standards.
    Sounds like you are over her and her intrusive, narcissistic, cruel statements. Sometimes laughter is the best medicine. That and the wisdom of knowing that she is probably doing the best she can....My sibs and I always shake our heads in wonder that we can tie our own shoelaces.
    Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03

Wait -

You can tie your shoelaces??? :)

-m
    Wife to Jonathan
    Mom to Sophia 12/02 and Amelia 12/04

Marissa,

My first thought after reading this, (after holy cow, and wtf?!?!?) was that you need an adult size lovey! :)

I'm so sorry that your mother is like this. It's not worth your time or energy to deal with her. You just concentrate on that precious little girl and your wonderful husband! I think you're a fantastic mommy, and surely my opinion (you know, that of a complete stranger) is way more important than your mothers!

And, for what it's worth, I'm also on anti-psychotic and mood stabilizing medications. Sounds like mine's working better than hers!

Candy
    WAHMommy to Matt
    5/22/02
    Candy

Matthew 5/02
    Ethan 10/07
    Praying for Pink in 2013/2014

I guess it would be beneficial if she actually TOOK her meds! :)

An adult sized Lovey sounds glorious! For now, I will have to settle for my down comforter :)

I actually haven't spoken to Mother since all this happened. Not only is my stress level down, so is my phone bill!

-m
    Wife to Jonathan
    Mom to Sophia 12/02 and Amelia 12/04

sunny2003 Guest

oh wow! what can I say? I had tears just reading this - I am so sorry that you had to go through this but it sounds like your mom has major issues that have nothing to do with you! you are a great mommy, wife, and friend! Take care!

Viv
    Mommy to Kayley born on 4/28/03

starrynight Guest

And I thought my mom was bad! We have had some pretty good fights and she is out there but she has never ever told me I was a bad wife or mother. Gosh I never iron anything unless something is so badly wrinkled and it's something we will have pictures taken in, and my dh is in the army and I still won't iron. If he wants perfect uniforms he can do it himself or take them to the cleaners :). I guess in her book I would be a bad wife too ;). I wouldn't bother with someone like her ever again, JMO. Hang in there hon.

liya Guest

Can i just say i have the same relationship with my MOM....Honestly...I feel really bad but i think its for the best that my mom isnt near my son...I wish i wouldve had someone by my side i couldve depended on..but seriously i think she needs medications to stabilize her but forget that her Psyco a$$ wont even visit a doctor...And gosh lets not talk about my MIL thats another psyco....IM SURROUNDED BY THEM!!!!! ITA with you Marissa and i feel so bad that someone else had to go through this similar experience...Last time i spoke to my mom Arian was 3 months...She hasnt called me since...Not to say we never had a good relatioship...But i think this has been the end...She only calls me when she needs stuff and even so its been three months and still no word...I guess she finally got tiered of me not giving a rats ass....I stopped crying after i was 18..It hurt for a while and then it just felt numb...

Oh man...im blahing away....Honestly you had every right to be pissed off....But i hope unlike my situation...things are better on your side....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5