Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    brubeck Guest

Default RE: My Psycho Mother from Hell and Why We Didn't Go to LA (LONG! REALLY LONG!)

More importantly, they can have a pity fest on how they are not allowed to see their grandchildren enough. :-)

Default RE: My Psycho Mother from Hell and Why We Didn't Go to LA (LONG! REALLY LONG!)

Too bad MIL hates Florida because she loves to call me and tell me what a bad son DH is. It would be good for her to tell to kvetch to. And ditto on the not seeing her granddaughter enough.

Sonia
    Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

Sonia, who is eagerly awaiting the magic laundry fairy to visit me
    Mommy to M girls

KathyO Guest

>That night I got dressed to the nines and went to that formal dinner party alone while Sophie and her Daddy stayed home for some quality time together.

What, no girdle????:P

amp Guest

>Jonathan came home early on Friday. We ordered in, rented a
    >movie and laughed our heads off. The next day I went and
    >had a facial, had my eyebrows and "paws & claws" done too.
    >
    >That night I got dressed to the nines and went to that
    >formal dinner party alone while Sophie and her Daddy stayed
    >home for some quality time together.

Good for you!

C99 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Marisa, OMG! All I can say is: I'm sorry!
    Caroline, mama to DS 01/03, DD 05/05, DS 04/07
    http://littleshoulders.blogspot.com
    "Now that you're here, the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear. UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." -- Dr. Seuss

Karenn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Marisa,
    I think I'm a little late, but your week beats mine all to pieces for rotten! And mine was pretty darn bad! (Colin fell down the stairs and our car broke down on the freeway on a blind curve with no shoulder!) I'm sorry things had to be like that! Your mother was out of control. But I'm also impressed that you didn't back down and stood up for yourself and Sophie. Good for you!

AND, the most important thing: My husband ALWAYS does his OWN laundry and dry cleaning, AND irons his OWN shirts, WHILE WATCHING THE SIMPSONS every Sunday night! (We must get those two together sometime!)

I'm glad things are seeming better. Your night out sounded like the perfect remedy!

Paula - first of all, LOVE Dante's new pic (I hope it hasn't been there for too long - then I just feel TOTALLY un-observant...). And you should have SEEN the looks on the IL's faces at the baptism - when Father Joe asked the congregation if they reject Satan, all his evil works, and accept Jesus as God, I seriously thought they were going to run up to the altar, grab Aidan, and high-tail it out of there! They were literally pale as ghosts... And they are LUTHERAN, which is about as close to Catholic as you can get without being Catholic...

I just think it's unfortunate that some people want to take the sins of a few and apply it to a group as a whole. Look at history - if we did that with EVERYONE, the human race would be extinct! Or there would be an awful lot of inbreeding...

Jennifer
    Mom to Aidan Christopher 01/28/03
    Jennifer
    Momma to Aidan 01/03
    New addition coming 10/08

ROTFLMAO! Hey - at least you offered! I'm willing to bet you wouldn't have gotten the same were the roles reversed. You take care of that sweet little girl and WONDERFUL husband (men doing laundry just do it for me... Gotta love mine...), and don't you worry about negative people.

Jennifer
    Mom to Aidan Christopher 01/28/03
    Jennifer
    Momma to Aidan 01/03
    New addition coming 10/08

newbelly2002 Guest

Thanks for the compliment! I'm a sucker for a great smile.

At least they came. My IL have made it clear that they will not come. I've said all along that if they can't show support--not agreement--then I don't want them there to ruin the celebration for everyone else. DH says we should send an invite so as not to "step on any toes." Meanwhile, I feel like I've been run over by 2 elephants and I'm thinking, "hey, bud, what about MY toes!" Grr...family.

We're talking with teh priest beforehand to make sure that DH does not have to agree to anything that makes HIM uncomfortable (just because DS is Catholic does not mean that DH is) and so farthe priest has been really accomodating and understanding--which is more than I can say for my MIL.

Any suggestions on how to deal with the situation with respect, politeness and tact? (I'm giggling thinking about the image of them grabbing Aiden and running from the church)

Paula, Mama to Dante
    http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=...21b32384e84594 -6/25 update

Oh my goodness! I am so glad to hear that you treated yourself to some pampering. It sounds like you and DH have a great marriage and that when Sophie is a mom one day, she will be lucky to have you as an understanding mother and grandmother of her children.

Keep postive and enjoy every minute of your little girl's first year - it goes by so quickly. Don't let anyone ruin it for you.

Karen

Mom to Meredith 6/11/02
    Karen

DD '02
    DS '06
    DS '10

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast