Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    StaceyKim Guest

Default RE: Am I an awful, horrible person...

why not??
    didn't personally have one but i really don't think it's inappropriate at all.

cinrein Guest

Shannon,

You're not awful or horrible. I'd be pissed too and entertaining the idea of doing nothing for the shower.

I would send a gift and card. Nothing fabulous, nothing dinky. I don't think you'll regret that you were the bigger person and did the right thing. The engraved ugly spoon idea is INSPIRED!

I might have missed something, but was she ttc before she got engaged? If not, then how can she be struggling with infertility? I danced the infertility dance too and I can tell you that finding out someone was pregnant was devastating. However, I bitched and cried at home with dh and put on an "I'm happy for you" face in public. I couldn't handle baby showers at times, but I always sent a gift/card. IMO, it was EASY to send stuff--it was the face to face conversations about babies that were hard. Meg may be having problems ttc, but I suspect she's a bitch too. No matter. Send her a gift, put it behind you, and get on to enjoying Ellen!

Cindy
    Mama to Anna 2/11/03

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Some of us are aware of fertility problems long before we ttc - DH and I were. And even though we didn't ttc until we got married, we still struggled with all of the emotions surrounding infertility.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3