Denyse Guest

Default This is going to sound really stupid but...

I HATE BUGS!! OMG! I just had ANOTHER wasp get into our apt. and I hate them, hate them, hate them! My mother thinks I have a bug phobia, and maybe she's right. I can't stand bugs, but especially wasps and bees. I'm *terrified* of them. Until ds, when one got in, all I could do was cry. I'd usually spend the rest of the day in my bedroom until dh got home. But I can't very well do that now with a busy 6 month old. My poor Brett played on my bed while I tried to hunt the beast down and after awhile he cried and cried for me. I kept going in to comfort him but I couldn't very well leave the stupid wasp flying around. It took me 45 mins to find and be brave enough to get close enough to kill the thing. Then it took the spray we have 20 minutes to finally kill it! I ended up hairspraying him as he was dying just to be sure. Then I scoop it onto the swatter and go to throw it out my back door and I can't because, just guess, there are WASPS flying around my back door! Sorry if this is a lame post but I am Just so frustrated!!!

brubeck Guest

Default RE: This is going to sound really stupid but...

I have the same thing too because I HATE bugs that bite and if one is around my unsuspecting child(ren) then I don't know what to do. I usually do the hairspray thing too and if that doesn't work I use some kind of spray household cleanser.

Wasps are the WORST! At least a bee will leave you alone if you don't bother it.

FYI, if you (or your child) do get bitten, put vinegar on it. I don't know why, but it's an old home remedy that works to immediately relieve the pain. I remember my Mom doing this to me when I was a kid and I had 4 or 5 wasp bites in the same area of my back.

ktdid74 Guest

I think mommyhood forces you to be brave about these things. I HATE spiders but we get so many of them living in Maine (along with tons of bugs I can't even identify!) that I'm called to squish them daily. There are some HUGE spiders, too, but just the thought of one of them crawling on my DD makes me freak out. We gets wasps too and I getting good at killing them. There's always random shoes laying around the house from me going after these bugs. I used to make DH do it but now I'm home the majority of the time so it's up to me. Ahh, motherhood...

Katie
    mom to Brendan and Mackenzie

I'm with you on the bug thing.

In NC we have these gigantic hopping grosshopper like crickets. They have a billion different names here: camel crickets, spider crickets, etc. Whatever they jump around and are horrible. I hate bugs that jump, and they are really difficult to kill too. With all this rain they are getting into our townhouse. Yuck. And then there are mosquitos. There is a big bloody black smear on the wall from the mosquito I killed last night after it bit me 3 times.

We are moving at the end of October and I'm hoping that because there is less foliage outside the bug factor will be lower.

Sonia
    Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

Sonia, who is eagerly awaiting the magic laundry fairy to visit me
    Mommy to M girls

peanut4us Guest

A timely post! We are actually having Bulwark exterminators come out on Tuesday because we ALL OF A SUDDEN are having $%#^%@@ fire ants invade our house from all sides... and disgustingly enough, they are very attracted to Sara's clothes. Anything she's worn. I mean, I think she's sweet,but this means war!

slknight is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I just got stung by a wasp last week. I was at a LLL meeting, and had Alex in a sling. I didn't notice, but somehow a wasp got on the sling, and I reached over for something and my arm brushed against it. I'm just happy it stung me and not him. But boy, did it hurt. It's still a little red and itchy.

Run of the mill ants, spiders, and other bugs don't really bother me. But I can't stand bees, wasps, and hornets!

Susan and Alex (04.18.03)