Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Babies R Us!

Michelle in SD Guest

Default Babies R Us!

Just a vent...

I wanted to register at a few places with lots of locations since my friends and family are scattered throughout California, mostly. I chose Target and BRU. Both were easy enough as far as the process, but I can NEVER find any help at BRU and when I do, it's usually someone who has no experience with baby items and knows nothing about the products. I ordered my crib and dresser from there yesterday (the Simmons Venetian in cherry and the combo unit in cherry as well) and I'm just hoping that the person got my order right and the correct pieces come in. And the whole time she's helping me, she's going on and on about how she wishes she could go home and how she hates working the later shift (she's telling this to a co-worker). Ugh. I work in retail, part-time so I realize the importance of good customer service. It just seems like as a customer, I am not finding it!!!

Thanks for listening!
    Michelle

Default RE: Babies R Us!

I have that crib set and LOVE it. I was in kind of a bad mood the other day and inadvertently broke the drop side of the crib. I called Simmons, they explained what to do and sent me free parts in a matter of days.

I assume the SD is for South Dakota? Too bad you don't have a Buy Buy Baby nearby. I have found them to be infinitely more knowledgeable than BRU.

Just ask away here! Between all of us, I'm sure you will find the answers you need! :)

Congratulations and good luck!

-m
    Wife to Jonathan
    Mom to Sophia 12/02 and Amelia 12/04

Michelle in SD Guest

Actually, the SD is for "San Diego"! :)

Thanks for your help! I love the Simmons crib too. I can't wait to get mine. They were currently out of stock on the crib, but I shold have it in 7-14 days. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm having a boy, but our girl's name was "Sophia Grace". Beautiful name.

Michelle :)

trumansmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

For what it's worth, we don't even have a BRU in South Dakota! Just a TRU.

But we're finally getting a Starbucks in a few weeks! (Sigh) I miss living in a big city!

Jeanne
    Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and EDD 4/23/04!

Jeanmick Guest

I also have a difficult time finding help at BRU, so you're not alone (I live in SD too). I just wished they had a BRU in the city. It takes me about 30-40 minutes (longer if I'm stuck on the I15 during rush hour) to get to either BRU, so if I need something there, I have to plan my trip in advance. Just a minor vent, but oh well, at least it's within driving distance. :)

Our second girl's name was Eliza Grace :)

-m
    Wife to Jonathan

Aw Jeanne!

The next time you come to NYC, I will be happy to take you and Truman shopping! :)

-m
    Wife to Jonathan

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I totally agree. It seems like all the BRUs are like that with the occasional helpful and knowledgeable salesperson. When we bought our glider it rung up with the wrong price. Dh didn't notice so he paid, then I saw the receipt and noticed it was the wrong glider. Well, in actuality the right glider with the wrong price sticker. All they could say was that it was the manufacturer's fault and not their's. We weren't even mad at them, but an "I'm sorry" goes a long way while we had to wait for them to call for a carry out, TWICE.

I seem to have really bad BRU, luck. I wish they had some competition.
    Boy - 10 years, Girl - 6 Years Old!, (What am I still doing here?! LOL) Dog - Eternal Puppy , Me - Done .

trumansmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I will definitely take you up on it!

Jeanne
    Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and EDD 4/23/04!

Dcclerk is online now Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Maybe it's a Southern California thing because I live in LA and both BRUs I've gone to have had employees that were studiously unhelpful. One day I felt like I was chasing after an NFL safety through the crowded aisles when all I wanted to do was find out if a hamper was in stock. I also found the people in strollers to be utterly clueless but extremely enamored of the 75 lb systems they carry. But FYI... their only true competition up here, Baby Depot, has equally as clueless employees there, too! Good thing we have these boards!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast