Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Aprilbaby4me Guest

Default My husband is so LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHH!!!!!! <Sigh.> I rarely post, but I just have to bitch about this somewhere or I am going to explode. And before anyone even THINKS it, this is NOT hormonal! My husband makes too much noise around the house and when I POLITELY ask him to keep it down, he gets irritated. Then I feel guilty for saying anything. Then I feel pissed. It is driving me NUTS and I want to CHOKE HIM!!!! I swear, he walks too loud. He closes doors too loud. He closes the microwave too loud. Why does he have to SLAM the microwave door? Why does he have to laugh so loud at a TV show and then get pissed at me when I shush him? I am SOOOOOOO pissed because he's always waking the baby. And I am TIRED! He just went downstairs and I guess he's getting a snack. We live in a rather spacious house and yet, I can hear EVERYTHING he's doing. It's taking everything in me not to go downstairs, snatch the chips out of his hands, throw them on the floor, stomp on them (with both feet, arms flapping) and say to him, "This is what I'm going to do to you if you don't keep the f%&*#@& noise DOWN!!!!!" Okay...just imagining the look on his face makes me feel much better. Thanks for letting me vent.
    Monica

Default RE: My husband is so LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!

Sister, I am RIGHT there with you!

It drives me crazy, but then I feel like I'm nagging if I say anything.

I KNOW our neighbours must thing we're harbouring elephants up here! :)

-m
    Wife to Jonathan
    Mom to Sophia 12/02 and Amelia 12/04

LOL I just gotta say, that was a GREAT rant. :)

I'll bet you feel better just typing it out.

...Karen
    Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
    Logan Elizabeth Mar 03
    ...Karen
    ds 1991
    dd 2003
    dd 2008 now home from Taiwan!

heidi_timms Guest

Well said! I would make a rule that if he wants to be loud, he gets to take care of your crying baby! That will cure him:)

good luck!

~Heidi
    Mom to Kailey Ashlin
    4/27/03

newbelly2002 Guest

IN order to avoid just that situation (not to mention the very loud in-laws, hmmm...wonder where he got it?) we have just that rule: "h/she who wakes the babe puts him back to sleep."

If your DH doesn't think he's being loud, then it shouldn't be a problem for him :)

It's hard to hold fast to it, but we do and it's worked wonders. Now if only I could come up with a way to apply it to when DS is awake....

Paula, Mama to Dante
    http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=...21b32384e84594 -6/25 update

LOL...that was hysterical. Just reading that made me laugh about how many times I tell DH to zip it when he is being sooooooo loud. When you are tired, I think the rule of thumb must be that irritating things irritate you 10x more than usual!
    Mom to R and R

NancyJ Guest

I always have to remind DH "He who wakes him, takes him" so that he knows I'm not putting DS back to sleep if DH's noise wakes him. Seems pretty effective thus far.

Nancy
    Mom to Braeden 6.5.03

lukkykatt Guest

That was just TOO funny! I have a loud DH too. He "throws" ice in his glass in the morning - ching, ching. Then I swear I can hear every clink of the silverware of the dishes as he eats his cereal.

That is why we also have the "he who wakes him, takes him" rule at our house. We also have a white noise machine in every bedroom in the house. I am not a morning person to begin with - when I've been woken up by DH before the kids are up - phew, forget it!

Aprilbaby4me Guest

Thanks! Yes, I feel so much better. This message board saved my husband's life last night. It also saved me from making a complete fool out of myself; I was actually considering telling him that he was CHEWING too loud. (Okay, THAT one was hormonal.)

Aprilbaby4me Guest

Default RE: My husband is so LOUD!!!!!!!!!!! -UPDATE-

Just in case anybody cares, I went down and spoke to DH after laughing at my post for about five minutes and taking a very deep breath. True to form, he got irritated at first, but I very calmly held my ground. After going back and forth for ten minutes (he was actually trying to convince me that he wasn't making noise and that I'm not direct with him), I described to him how difficult it is to tell someone you love very much to keep it down, KNOWING that they are going to give you a hard time. (He was like a deer in the headlights.) Then, I went to bed. Then, he very QUIETLY came upstairs, apologized and very QUIETLY went to bed. Lesson: The guilt-card always works. :)

Thanks again for letting me vent! (And thanks for not judging me; I was convinced that someone would scold me for the microwave door thing!)

Monica

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast