Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    peanut4us Guest

Default Rant about obnoxious shopping woman!

So i went to Gymboree for their sale at lunch time. It was a ZOO! I'm not a big shopper, but I do enjoy finding things that I think will be cute on Sara. But I do find it easy to say, "Cute dress, but it's not $25 cute". So I bought huge for me... $85 worth of stuff and $60 after the sale and tax. My bag was smallish, but i got 3 shirts, 1 l/s onsie, 1 s/s onsie, 1 pants, 1 leggings, 1 incredibly beautiful amazing dress (can't tell which is my fav?!?! can you?) and a pair of socks. I felt very accomplished!

So I'm walking to my car and the lady that had checked out in front of me ($250 AFTER sale prices) was walking next to me. She's sees my rather small (esp compared to hers) Gymboree bag and says "How can you get out of there with that little?" I respond that I'm really not that big of a shopper. To which she says "Oh, have you got a boy?"

OK if I had a boy, I think I might have been offended by that remark. Anyway, i say nope, a girl. And she looks at me like I'm from Mars, so I reiterate "I'm just really not into shopping." Mind you, at this point she's taken quite a bit of the fun that I had out of my sails. She just says "So what does your daughter wear? The same outfit everyday." I (pat myself on the back) just walked away. This woman had to carry her baby and a bag and push an overflowing stroller! I could have said "A little self-control goes a long way)" or "do you beat your clothes over a rock to clean them and therefore your aversion to doing laundry" or "I don't buy with credit, ever" but i didn't.

But, goll! Who nominated her shopper of the year? I know some of you are avid shoppers, but you've never made me feel like my DD is naked if I don't keep up with you. Grrr. Just wanted to share!

pritchettzoo Guest

Default RE: Rant about obnoxious shopping woman!

You could have told her these were merely her outdoor play clothes and you have the rest handmade in Paris...

What a bitch! I'm sorry she rained on your shopping parade. Which dress are you raving about?

Anna
    #1(DD) EDD 9/10/03

peanut4us Guest

This one! http://www.gymboree.com/shop/dept_it...SizeSelected=0

Maybe I'm just weird. But it's super soft and so rich looking (it'll look great when she spits up all over it!;-)). My favorite color is this rich blue. Ah, life is good.

BTW-I called DH and told him what happened and he said I should have said something about being relieved that I didn't have to tell my hard-working DH that I spend $250 on clothes for our child tonight.

pritchettzoo Guest

I love that one too. It looks like such a little girl dress (as opposed to a baby if that makes any sense)--all you need is tights and some patent-leather Mary Janes! Or red Stride-Rite ones (my fav childhood shoe)... Did you find anything for your little hydrangea? (I told a friend about that and she is so jealous she has a little boy. Although she would be making a blue hydrangea!)

Anna
    #1(DD) EDD 9/10/03

What a bitch. What business is it of hers? Grrrr. I think Gymboree's clothes are very expensive and if it wasn't for the merchandise credit and gift certificate I have, I wouldn't go there this weekend.

Sonia
    Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

peanut4us Guest

Ooh. I forgot. I did buy her some purple pants and a purple long-sleeve onsie. I will just baste the stem and leaves on wiht a small needle, so that way taking them off without hurting the outfit will be a breeze. I'm so excited. I bought the fake hydrangeas last night. I've got to finish my bib project tonight, but I'm hoping to get to making hte cap tomorrow... although I should make the shell for the cap tonight. That way I can start hand-sewing all the hydrangea petals on in the car ride to the outlets tomorrow. Hmmm. tough call.

Sending your baby vibes to come out and see the big world!

nathansmom Guest

I'm just back from the mall. We were in Gymboree and they had on salescleerk as the other one left to go on break. When I went to check out the lady in front of me had a TON of clothing. Grand total after discounts $550. This took forever to ring up. As another lady walked by and saw the total she commented out loud " Do you think she left me anything in the store". I laughed it was so funny as did quite a few others.

mamahill Guest

First of all, adorable dress! I've seen that one and have been drooling over it. I love their super soft stuff.

Second - could than woman BE any more rude? or dumb? I would have totally said the "a little self-control goes a long way" comment. I don't kow what would even possess her to say that - did she think she was being helpful, expecting your response to be, "Oh my gosh, where's the guy pushing the dolly out with my racks of clothes?! I've been robbed!!"

I can't imagine spending $250 each season. Correction, I can IMAGINE, but I can't actually DO it. What a moron. Hooray for you for getting so much. Did you get a gymbuck? I love bargains (well, not paying full price. I don't suppose Gymboree is ever a bargain, per se - but it's so dang cute!!).

cara1 Guest

Why did you even respond to her? You coulda said, Well, usually I let DD go naked, but we have a few occassions coming up...

mom2kandj Guest

Those are the people whose children wear all their clothes ONE TIME and then toss them out. Don't be surprised if you see her again in a few years and her DD is threatening to give her a wedgie if she doesn't get the entire Gymboree fall line! :)

Rose
    mom 2 katie (33 months)
    & Jack (16 months)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast