Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default RE: Rant about obnoxious shopping woman!

Joey:

I got less items than you and had to pay more :(. How'd ya do it. I've never shopped at Gymboree before and I can't believe that 4 shirts, 2 leggings, and 1 pair of pants wer over $100 before my 30% discount! I guess this will be a line that I'll have to look for at consignment stores and yardsales.

Sonia
    Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

zen_bliss is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

i agree, that dress you got is cute cute cute!! don't let nastypants rain on your happy day!

good grief. she actaully said "the same outfit everyday?" yoiks! it sounds to me like she felt guilty about spending so much, so she tried to turn it around (strange psychology) by convincing herself that it was the right thing to do and unloaded on you! people can be weird about shopping and how much they spend. not long ago, i responded to a local ad and went to a mommy's home and bought a lot of her very gently used (some w/tags) seriously nice stuff, 2 big bags for $30. so maybe that's where your overbuying parking lot friend is going to be in 6 months -- selling off stuff and guilt guilt guilt! she said "how nice that you don't mind buying used things. your husband must be really happy about that." maybe it was a dig? but i so didn't care. there is no shame in having a small wardrobe -- i find that we use and wash the favorite outfits over and over anyway!

peanut4us Guest

That was my first buying at Gymbo too. And the only thing I got that was not already at least 20% to start with was the 1 pants and 1 l/s onsie. THey were the purple mix and match stuff for my little hydrangea costume (so she can still wear the clothes for other stuff!). The dress was already 20% off (I almost didn't buy it, but I decided that I was so good about everything else. I just had to have it.).

Everything else was at least 40% off, some 60%. So that's how come it wasn't so much. Since I've been home, I pulled everything in the 6-12 month range out of Sara's closet and I wish I would have bought... tights to match the dress (duh, what was I thinking?) and one more pair of leggings to match a shirt I got.

But I'm really happy with what I got, and so totally over the nastypants woman. Now that I've looked at all that she has got, I have a list of a few little things that she still needs. We are going to the outlets tomorrow, so I'm hoping to polish our list off tomorrow.

That woman was probably buying stuff to resell on eBay. Some of the harder to find things go for more than full retail on eBay and when you get them at 30% off, you can make a nice profit. (no I don't sell clothes on eBay. Yet.)

...Karen
    Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
    Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

jojo2324 Guest

What a MOron. So sorry you had to hear that!! I have NEVER spent that much on his clothes, and definitely not in one store! I love it when I get good deals; it's like the rush you get when you check out at the grocery store and your little shopper's card is tallying up all the discounts...I know when I've gone overboard when I start to experience agita. But I've never gone overboard and spent $550!!!! Yikes!!

I am so excited to see a photo of your little hydrangea! My fave flower. We need to set up a photo album for everybody's Halloween pics. :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2