Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mamahill Guest

Default RE: Days of our Toenails...

>GO. CALL. Or we'll sic the Salem Stalker on you! :)
    >
    >Anna
    >Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

I laughed out loud at that one and DH came trudging over to see what the hub-bub was about. I tried to explain, but he didn't really get it. LOL!

[font size=-2]seriously, my toe is feeing better...[/font]

parkersmama Guest

"seriously, my toe is feeing better..."

Don't try that tiny writing garbage on us! Have you made an appointment or will we be seeing you with the other self-medicated people in ICU? LOL! Actually, that's not too funny. I will admit that I'm usually a self-medicator myself. Going to the doctor is a big hassle but in this case, totally worth it.

sweetbasil Guest

I wouldn't mess around with it, Sarah. My mom had this happen to her when I was little, and she's either always had a thick, discolored nail, or (later) no nail at all- and it won't grow back.

I'm kinda surprised your doctor didn't giv you the anti-fungal drug and make a bigger deal out of it. A friend of ours who has nail fungus has to put anti-fungal drugs on it daily, and a special weekly treatment of higher-strength meds goes along with it....

And I've had the surgery too- after ignoring an ingrown toenail when my little sister was getting married, and I ended up limping through the entire wedding festivities, I sucked it up and went to a family podiatrist first thing that Monday, had the same surgery done as has been explained above (except he scraped the nail bed with an acid etch thing, which killed that part of the nail and keeps it from ever growing back), and it was waaaay less painful than all the limping, aching, and oozing that was happening before that!

Here's to a quick resolution to all of this, little pain, and a happy, healthy toenail for you this year! ;)

peanut4us Guest

Default RE: Do I really NEED my toenails?

Sarah, all I have to say is... if you want to explain to Miss A why mommy only has 4 toes... keep at it! LOL! Just think too... in sharing time in nursery...

Teacher: Well, Ansleigh, what would you like to share with us today?
    Miss A: My mom is missing a toe!
    Teacher: Um, Ansleigh, don't you want to share a nice experience with mommy and daddy?
    Miss A: And it was all pussy and oogie before it fell off!
    Other kids: ooh!
    Teacher: Her toe fell off?
    Miss A: Yup, and now daddy says mommy's a freak!
    End of class all of the little ones go home and tell their families over lunch about Miss A's freakish mom who lost a pussy toe!

End story.

While I'm sure won't lose the whole toe... do you really think that Miss A would explain carefully that it was your toenail? Think about it... you'd be known as that "toeless freak" from stake blah! I can hear it now :)

Why yes, I am sleep deprived this morning... can you tell?

mamahill Guest

Default RE: Do I really NEED my toenails?

LOL - I'll have what Joey's having (what DID you eat this morning?! or is it just the early-riser in you?!). Haha - I can't wait to see what stories Ainsleigh will tell people. I can no longer say crap, since if I do, I hear, "cwap" somewhere in back of me. Super.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3