Jeanne is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default "Sharing the Love" Rant!!!!

Okay so I know that people have to get back to their schedules when their children start feeling better from being ill but I've had it with people who act like it's no big deal to spread the germs around! I just spent three days in stomach virus hell! I got it first and passed it onto my two girls who have never been sick with anything. Perhaps I'm a bit more sensitive because I'm not used to dealing with it but give me a break! My DH is the last man standing.
    My friend's kid had it last Thursday and we all got together on Saturday for VDay (kids and parents). But before I went, I asked her if anyone was still sick because I didn't want my 4.5 month old (especially) to get it. Of course she didn't bother to tell me that her 2 year old was sick with it and showed up with him throwing up. She thought it had to do with him having too much junk food earlier that day. So of course by Sunday night, I'm in hell as are my other friends! I just about recovered when last night my DH and I held two puking girls all night long. And of course my friends take such an "oh well" attitude about it. And it's not just them. It seems to be everyone. I never ever go around anyone when I'm sick. I detest sickness of any kind so I am really careful about it.
    RAH! Okay I'm done now!

todzwife Guest

Default RE:

I am so with you!!! A friend of mine dropped her baby off with me while she went to a funeral- funny she didn't bother to tell me he has a cough and a runny nose! Ugh! And DS hasn't been sick- yet. I washed my hands after I touch the other baby and sprayed EVERYTHING with lysol...I will be so mad if DS gets sick!

smatterchu Guest

Default RE:

Oh I know....that goes for coming in to work, to church, to stores or family events. For some people, they think they are being a hero by 'pressing on' despite illness, but it makes me so upset.

In December, I went to a meeting where half of the people turned out to be sick, and I was in bed with it for three weeks....wrecked my entire month and I barely recovered before Christmas. I am pregnant with twins, so I was not only more susceptible but I couldn't really take anything for it -- I was miserable. A month later, I went back to the meeting and stuck my head in the door before I went inside asking, "Okay...before I come in, is anyone sick....I'm serious!!" They all said no, and a few of the people just thought it was funny - but I was not laughing...

Why don't some people have some common sense? Some folks are so self-important or just selfish....grrrr

TL

Future Mommy to Max & Zach -- EDD: 5/15/04

Default RE:

That is so awful! You poor thing! I cannot imagine being that sick while pregnant. I am very lucky in that I rarely if ever get sick. I think this was the first time in probably 5 years! My 2.5 y/o DD never gets anything either but this was a real bad one for sure.
    My BIL and his family are sick all the time. They have no resistance to anything and thus are always dealing with sick kids- and I mean sick like virtually every other week. And because of this, they don't think anything of going out with sick kids. You have to live your life right? But they also think nothing of popping over to my house any old time. UGH!
    And as for my friend that gave it to me - I cursed her last night! I wished she had gotten it but she hasn't yet. I guess people don't mind being sick and think it's futile staying home. I know everything goes around and of course everyone is bound to get sick but if you know you have something particularly bad, keep it to yourself! KWIM?

Default RE:

Went through the same thing two days before my dd's Christening and I was furious. Thank God neither of my girls got it but I couldn't not believe the thought just never occurred to this person.

Buffys Mommy Guest

Default RE: Sharing the Love

UGH. I know what you mean.

DH came home last week with a cold (at first he thought it was just allergies from working around some dust all week) and gave it to both DD and me. Turns out he got it from someone at work. When he told the guy "thanks for getting DW and DD sick" (which I told him to say) the response was, "No, I got you sick. You got them sick". Uh hello... What's he supposed to do, sleep at work.

toomanystrollers Guest

Default RE:

We survived stomach bug hell too! But for our family, I quite honestly don't see a way of avoiding illness because of preschool, other activities and life in general. I do keep my children at home when they're vomiting (rarely - thank goodness), but we don't stay home when the kids have sniffles & coughs -with three children, someone is bound to have cold-like symptoms this time of year.