Default UPDATED!! um, why didn't she ever say thanks for my gift???

i gave a friend a shower gift in MAY. a handmade gift. several, in fact. i spent a whole lot of time on it. i never got a note, which is ok. i realize you get busy and tired in the last trimester. but i have seen her twice and she didn't mention it. i actually mentioned it (long story, someone else asked me a question to which the answer was... "ya know, like the ones i have to her at the shower") and she didn't even say, "yeah, those are cute. thanks."

i don't mean to be all snippy like i have to have a note. my notes were definitely late after my birthday gifts this year. and i certainly don't even WANT a note for bringing them dinner and a gift now that the baby is here! they are way to busy. but i am sad, feeling like they didn't like my gift on which i worked so hard. :( my feelings are hurt.

UPDATE: i am the world's biggest b***h. i found a note from her that was dated MAY 10!!! that was something like TWO days after the party! i am a terrible person... apparently DH stacked up several days of mail and tossed it into "my mail basket" that i haven't used all year. i feel so bad. you can all make fun of me now...
    Liza has been hangin' around this board for six years.

My sons are 4 and 6. And they are very loud.

cinrein Guest

Default RE: um, why didn't she ever say thanks for my gift???

The answer to this question is probably yes, but are you sure they got the gift? I only ask because months after Anna's birth my girlfriend asked if I got the flowers they sent. I never did! Anna was born right before Valentine's Day and a gigantic snowstorm, so a few people let us know that they tried to send flowers but couldn't find a florist willing to take the order. I don't know if you mailed them and maybe they never made it, but that's probably not the case.

I wouldn't assume she didn't like your gift. Maybe her thank you got lost? I'm sorry, I hate when stuff like that happens. It just leaves you feeling sad and awkward. Shame on her if she didn't thank you for all the time you spent---I'm sure the things you make were lovely. Now that she has a baby of her own she'll see how precious time taken out of a Mom's day for someone else really is.

Cindy and Anna February 2003

NEVE and TRISTAN Guest

sorry typing with a little Tristan standing on my legs and hiding the computer...but have you seen her since???? If I am planning on seeing the person I usually tuck their note aside and hand give it to them- I never have a stamp on me, I don't do our bills and I find that slipping it to them when I see them with a hug works best for me.
    I can't speak for your friend, who knows...
    but I know I have a little note for a friend who I am seeing next week, who I hoped to see sooner who gave Tristan a nice gift a few months ago, and I'd rather hand it to her with a hug...

When my Bunco crew thru me my shower for Tristan I waited and handed out thank you notes during the next bunco...

I'm sure she loved anything you made...
    Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
    * EDD #2 3/18/05 as of 8/10 things looking "great"
    *Traveling in Jan insearch of the rest of our family-adopting in Ukraine IF INS gets us paperwork intime (cross fingers)

jbowman is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Liza--

I totally understand. You spent a lot of time making the gift and the least thing your friend could do is write a quick thank-you note. I always write thank-you notes promptly, so that irks me! I'm sorry that you're feelings are hurt.

papal Guest

That stinks! I can understand being late with the thankyou note but she should have said Thanks when she saw you in person, not once but TWICE. My feelings would have been hurt too!
    I am one of those people that when i make a card or something special for someone, i call them immediately and ask 'did you get it, did you like it'.. i always like to KNOW if they liked it, you know, especially since it is a labour of love... i guess i am weird that way... anyway, totally rambling.. but could it be that her preggo mind lost all the gift tags which says WHO gave her what and so she does not know? Can you just ask her 'did you like so and so' and see what she says? Just to make sure she actually has it and knows it is from you?

jbowman is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default RE: UPDATED!! um, why didn't she ever say thanks for my gift???

Don't feel bad! Sounds like a case of mommy brain (happens to me all of the time. I'm still looking for my keys, which I lost last week...in our house)! And now you know that your friend thanked you for the gift!