Default So is extreme irritability a sign of impending labor, or am I just in a bad mood? (General whining)

I am very very pregnant and very very irritable. My ornery-ness could be due to the fact that I am 38 weeks pregnant, uncomfortable and hot (it has been above 90 here in Florida every day for like 5 months straight), but I am about ready to throttle someone.
    -DH, who works 6 days a week was supposed to be home around 4 today, but was not able to get home until 6:30.
    -My sweet DS was a major league cranky puss the past 2 days. I am sure he is behaving like a typical toddler, but tantrum-land is not a fun place to visit.
    -My next door neighbor thought 8:00 pm was a good time to mow his lawn

Here's one that really got me going:
    -One of DH's clients was evidently cleaning her kids' closets and gave us a bag of stained, faded and frankly ugly clothes. I realize that sounds snotty and ungrateful, but I did not ask for them and they will now sit in my garage until I can get to Goodwill. I am not crazy about second-hand stuff for DS--I am pretty particular about what he wears. I am a Gap, Old Navy and Lands End sale shopper for the most part, I dont spend alot, but I like what I like. And WHY oh WHY would you give someone you don't really know stained pajamas?

Ahhh. Well, I feel a little better now.

Michelle

DS#1 10/02
    DS#2 8/04

Homeschooling mom to 2 middle schoolers, once-owner of the now-defunct My Little Ducks

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: So is extreme irritability a sign of impending labor, or am I just in a bad mood? (General whining)

Oh, yeah, you're going to deliver soon.

I was so unbelievably crabby the night before my water broke. Poor DH...
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

bluej Guest

Default RE: So is extreme irritability a sign of impending labor, or am I just in a bad mood? (General whining)

My mother would tell you that yes indeed, extreme irritability (or in my case, major bitchiness) is a sign of impending labor! I'm not sure how my DH and mother tolerated me for the last couple of days of my pregnancy. Thankfully I managed to be nice to my kids :)

jlcana Guest

I've always heard that moodiness and the sudden obsession to clean everything to be signs of labor starting soon! So, I have no explanation as to why I have been extremely irritable and cleaning obsessed since the 2nd trimester. I'm at 36 weeks and if I could start labor tommorrow, I would!

What gets me going: My MIL will ask what baby or other grandson needs, not listen to me and buy what I state I DON'T need. I have 23 sleepers from 0-9 months and guess what she will buy new baby??? She can take it back, I'm not dragging a newborn and a toddler to the store!

Lisa
    Christopher 3/18/02
    Another boy EDD 9/20/04

I've been a bit of a grumpy one too and I still have 8 weeks to go! Of course, I don't think it's ALL me...I think DH is doing things specifically to put me in a bad mood!

Like, instead of waiting FIVE minutes for supper to hit the table, he decided to go fix the bathroom sink. 45 minutes later, 5 bad words in front of the girls and about 8 trips from the upstairs to the basement, he fixed it. I had to clean up the puddle that got left behind. Thanks honey...

I could go on, but I won't...

Hang in there!!
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"