trumansmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default There is a bird in Eleanor's room!!

Agh. I went out to the garage to get something out of the car and almost peed as a bird flew past me and right into the house! It hung out for a little while on the curtain rod in the dining room, but when I went to put something away it flew upstairs. I managed to trap it in DD's room, but I'm sort of afraid of it. I think I have to suck it up and go take all the screens off her windows. It's either that or clean up bird crap for the rest of my life!

Wish me luck! Ugh.

Jeanne
    Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and Eleanor 4/14/04

amp Guest

Default RE: There is a bird in Eleanor's room!!

Jeanne - This happened to me in an apartment I lived in...TWICE! I have never had any fear of birds, but I'll tell ya, this freaked me out! Luckily I had a landlord who took care of it. He came in with gloves on and caught it both times. Then he plugged the spot in came in (you won't have to worry about that. Anyway, good luck! I can totally commiserate with the sudden onset of an unknown, irrational fear of birds! And BTW, it never did poop in my house. Go figure!

jubilee Guest

I hope everything is alright!! Please give an update!
    I had two birds in my garage once, they wouldn't leave and kept divebombing my car. And I was so freaked out I wouldn't go to my car... so I missed work. :)

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

My brother had a baby owl in his basement once. He called their police department who sent out animal control, who caught the owl. You could see if someone could come catch it for you. I'm not sure I'd want to go in there!

Kris

pritchettzoo Guest

What happened?

A bird family got in my Sunday School teacher's house when I was in high school. They were on vacation and gone for 3 weeks. They came home to a house full of feathers and poop. They took pictures--I'm pretty sure they had to file an insurance claim for the damage. Most of their furniture (living and dining room) was ruined and the birds attacked wallpaper and mirrors. x(

I hope your birdie adventure goes more smoothly. Birds up close freak me out too. They're just too freaking jumpy.

Anna

trumansmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default RE: There is a bird in Eleanor's room!! - Update

I feel pretty silly today. I went in there and saw a little 4 inch tiny little thing cowering under the crib. I opened the windows and took off the screens and left. An hour later I went back in and no bird. It was really too easy.

But Julie, I like your attitude! Scary birds = days off work! Makes sense to me! Unfortunately, the changing table is in DD's room, and we REALLY couldn't take a day off changing her!

I think I'm over my bird phobia!

Jeanne
    Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and Eleanor 4/14/04

NEVE and TRISTAN Guest

Default RE: There is a bird in Eleanor's room!! - Update

So glad to hear the happy ending...
    their little heart beats go a mile a minute...we get a humming bird in our garage every two years and it stresses me out so, it just can't find the way out...it takes forever!!!!

Good news!!!

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
    * EDD 3/18/05 as of 8/24 kicking and moving arms via sono, very active.
    * Adopting siblings in Ukraine, I171A from INS has arrived, dossier to Ukraine next week!!!!!!