jec2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Grrrr! Whose team is DH on?

DH is sitting over there spoon-feeding DS finger foods. Aren't finger foods for babies to eat with their FINGERS!?!!!!!!

I casually asked why he wasn't letting DS feed himself and he retorted "I'm doing it my way, you can do it your way." Not only that, he is giving him berries and tomatoes and things I've been holding off on. Ugh. I just feel like sometimes we are batting for opposite teams. Oh, and yes I said something but DH gets in the "Mine vs Yours" defensive state of mind and it's like trying to reason with the ignorant.

This is directly after he total bagged on signing DS up for swim lessons again b/c "they are a total waste of $!" Yeah, my money that you wasted because you were "too tired, or uninterested" in taking him half of the time. We'll see what a waste of money they are when DS falls in the pool and can't save himself becasue he's totally freaked out by the water. Or, when he doesn't go to the Olympics b/c his dad wouldn't take him to swim lessons! (OK, I KNOW I'M GETTING CARRIED AWAY but I swear I spend so much time making plans to do fun and/or educational things with ds and what has DH done besides complain that he's too tired or the house is messy or whatever?). grrr.

Ok, I feel so much better now. He really is a wonderful guy and dad but I think he might have woken up from his nap on the wrong side of the sofa.
    Juliet, mama to DS 10/03 & DS 11/06

JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: Grrrr! Whose team is DH on?

Sorry you're having a tough time with DH. Has he come around at all in the the last couple of days? If not, maybe he can come along to the next doctor's appt and the doctor can tell him the baby needs to practice with finger foods and what foods he should and shouldn't eat (maybe make sure the doc agrees with YOU ahead of time though! :)) That way there is some "authority" besides yourself telling DH what should and shouldn't be done reagrding DS's feedings.

Jennifer
    mom to Jacob 9/27/02

jec2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default RE: Grrrr! Whose team is DH on?

Well, DH and I talked later and really he was annoyed at me BF at the pool because my boobs were hanging free for everyone to see. He said he wanted me to be a little more discreet (eye roll). DS is all over the place...from the left to the right, back to the left, to the right, etc. So, he got very defensive and I think was just being difficult because he was annoyed at me. That's why he made the comment "you do it your way (BF with boobs flying free) and he'll do it his way."

Then, he got really annoyed that we didn't get a ribbon and evaluation at swim class like all the other kids got. We were out looking at the table for them and the woman said that they didn't do ribbons and such for the babies this time! DH and were both really peeved. We paid just as much as the other kids and should have got a ribbon. Plus, a friend who switched to another class a few weeks ago got a ribbon and evaluation! Our instructor just didn't do them apparently.
    Juliet, mama to DS 10/03 & DS 11/06