Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    stella is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: "He's having an affair"---the update

I have thought of you so often - thanks for the update.

It must be tough going through what you are, but I applaud your stamina and commitment. Don't forget to be kind to yourself during this extremely hard time.

You are a great mama to think through all the ramifications for Ellen. However this plays out, you will know that you did the best you could do under circumstances that you didn't ask for or create.

Good Luck to you.

stella is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have thought of you so often - thanks for the update.

It must be tough going through what you are, but I applaud your stamina and commitment. Don't forget to be kind to yourself during this extremely hard time.

You are a great mama to think through all the ramifications for Ellen. However this plays out, you will know that you did the best you could do under circumstances that you didn't ask for or create.

Good Luck to you.

toomanystrollers Guest

Shannon,
    I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I hope your husband comes to his senses and realizes what a remarkable wife and mother you are.

toomanystrollers Guest

Shannon,
    I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I hope your husband comes to his senses and realizes what a remarkable wife and mother you are.

amp Guest

I have prayed for you and your daughter. I've checked so often to see how you are doing. I know this must be an excruciating time for you, although I won't pretend to know what if feels like. I, like so many others, do applaud you for wanting to make your marriage work. It's understood that what he did was wrong and I hope that you will take care of yourself and your daughter first, but I think many people (not people here) think they can just leave a marriage when things get tough. But we have children, and it's only right and fair that we do what we can to keep their lives in a semblance of order. You need to know in your heart that you did everything you could to keep your family together. I don't think any of us knows what we will do if confronted with the situation you've faced, but I suspect, in spite of my words to the contrary, I too, would stay with my husband to see if it could work. After all, you pledged for better and for worse to see it through and give it your best effort. You are obviously a strong woman and mama. Take care of yourself and your precious girl. I hope that you can find some peace and joy in the coming year. Hugs to you!

amp Guest

I have prayed for you and your daughter. I've checked so often to see how you are doing. I know this must be an excruciating time for you, although I won't pretend to know what if feels like. I, like so many others, do applaud you for wanting to make your marriage work. It's understood that what he did was wrong and I hope that you will take care of yourself and your daughter first, but I think many people (not people here) think they can just leave a marriage when things get tough. But we have children, and it's only right and fair that we do what we can to keep their lives in a semblance of order. You need to know in your heart that you did everything you could to keep your family together. I don't think any of us knows what we will do if confronted with the situation you've faced, but I suspect, in spite of my words to the contrary, I too, would stay with my husband to see if it could work. After all, you pledged for better and for worse to see it through and give it your best effort. You are obviously a strong woman and mama. Take care of yourself and your precious girl. I hope that you can find some peace and joy in the coming year. Hugs to you!

Shannon, Thank you for taking the time to update us! I know lots of people have been thinking about you and your family. It sounds like you're taking really constructive steps to figure out this situation, and I'm so glad you're being so proactive and thoughtful (in the sense of "putting thought into it").

Hang in there! Lots of fingers will be crossed for you.

Ellen

Shannon, Thank you for taking the time to update us! I know lots of people have been thinking about you and your family. It sounds like you're taking really constructive steps to figure out this situation, and I'm so glad you're being so proactive and thoughtful (in the sense of "putting thought into it").

Hang in there! Lots of fingers will be crossed for you.

Ellen

bluej Guest

I'm so glad you popped in to give us an update Shannon. I admire you for giving your husband a second chance and seeking counseling to try to work this out. You know the good parts of him and you know whether or not it's worth working on. My little sister's husband 'had a friend'. They managed to work it out and they are very happy today. There is hope, although I'm sure it seems bleak right now. I'll be praying for you and your family.

bluej Guest

I'm so glad you popped in to give us an update Shannon. I admire you for giving your husband a second chance and seeking counseling to try to work this out. You know the good parts of him and you know whether or not it's worth working on. My little sister's husband 'had a friend'. They managed to work it out and they are very happy today. There is hope, although I'm sure it seems bleak right now. I'll be praying for you and your family.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast