Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: %$#@##@! collection agency (long)

It is illegal for them to withhold their address information. I would tell them that you want all further communication in writing if they call again. In addition to sending them the info you need to in order to get your debt bounced back to the Dept of Defense, I would report their practices to your state's Attorney General office. It saddens me that our Dept of Defense is sending any debt of disabled military to collections in the first place. I hope you get this resolved quickly!
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

It is illegal for them to withhold their address information. I would tell them that you want all further communication in writing if they call again. In addition to sending them the info you need to in order to get your debt bounced back to the Dept of Defense, I would report their practices to your state's Attorney General office. It saddens me that our Dept of Defense is sending any debt of disabled military to collections in the first place. I hope you get this resolved quickly!

This is going to sound silly, but contact Clark Howard. I know he is very supportive of US military folks who are getting the run around (being put into collections for things they shouldn't be). His staff would at least be able to tell you what to do and could probably assist you in getting this cleared up. I know they have done it before. His website: http://clarkhoward.com/ . If you have never heard of him- Clark Howard is a consumer advocate and hosts a daily radio show that deals with all kinds of issues.
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

This is going to sound silly, but contact Clark Howard. I know he is very supportive of US military folks who are getting the run around (being put into collections for things they shouldn't be). His staff would at least be able to tell you what to do and could probably assist you in getting this cleared up. I know they have done it before. His website: http://clarkhoward.com/ . If you have never heard of him- Clark Howard is a consumer advocate and hosts a daily radio show that deals with all kinds of issues.
    -Melissa

-Melissa

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast